e-machine mirical ?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

greg youngken
Company Name: Grali inc.

e-machine mirical ?

Post by greg youngken »

I had a really hard time with this and have a couple of ? for the next time.
How long should something like this take ? How big in terms of megs should this be, when loading it says it's 2600 k and 58000 parts, is that 2.6 megs or 26 megs ? The arches gave me fits when trying to profile them, I ended up having to seperate the frames into different parts and profile and then put them back together( inside corners where the arch meets a staight segment). I had the upper arch with the rectangular sides all shaped out of one large diplay cube , not happening with the inside profiles... One thing I did learn, is not to add a display cube into the detail room and the take it to the part editor to change it cuz when going back to the part editor later the profile cuts don't show, it still shows up in the detail room, but for whatever it does'nt show in the part editor. when I do this from the edit assembly area I have no problems going back to the part editor.This thing took me 14 hours and my little e-machine was all but on fire.. I think ones like this are why I really need that super computer...
Attachments
170 brick.jpg
170 brick.jpg (128 KiB) Viewed 4259 times
brick 3.jpg
brick 3.jpg (119.99 KiB) Viewed 4259 times
170 brick 2.jpg
170 brick 2.jpg (121.28 KiB) Viewed 4259 times
Grali inc. / Greg Youngken
grali.com
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Post by Mike Bowers »

Geez Greg I wish I had answers of time & storage it should take but wow! I would like to say Very Nice The pain was worth it I hope, can't wait to see the final product.
Mike
Last edited by Mike Bowers on Sun, Apr 01 2007, 6:34PM, edited 1 time in total.
We love what we do, we do it well.
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

Greg that looks great.
I have to lean how to make tools and use them.
I like the room lay out how long do you think it will take
to make the cabinets and hang them
greg youngken
Company Name: Grali inc.

Post by greg youngken »

Thanks guys, my kids are going crazy so that helps allot! My home office is next to the play room and the last couple hours on this where double fun..The side sofits and window only are existing, I'm making the arched upper panel w/wings, cabs, lower panel and fireplace to match existing trim conditions. One of my guys and I should have three days in the shop and a day on the install. I do allot of things similar to this and befor e-cabs I was not able to give the client a good perspective on how the project would really look. I hope it is possible to be more efficient on panel projects like this, it was a difficult process for me being somewhat green only a couple of months on the software at nights and weekends. I'm a husband, dad of three little ones , working shop owner, time is going way to fast... The way I approah the arches was to make a display cube, draw some lines to shape the arch and cut off the excess, draw some lines to make recesses, and then profile the edges last. It was pretty easy on the sq. parts , but where the arch met a straight edge not at 90*, the same processes didn't seem to work, it just didn't want to profile that inside corner. any suggestions ?
Grali inc. / Greg Youngken
grali.com
mikesand

Post by mikesand »

I would have easily taken 14 hours to do it.

Sometimes I omit the difficult details if I can get away with it.

Mike