Exporting cutlist to Excel

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Will Eick

Exporting cutlist to Excel

Post by Will Eick »

I want to export my cutlist to Excel to manipulate so it is more useful for the way we work.

When I create a cutlist in eCabs, I see the Export Cutlist to Excel option and I select that. It creates what looks like an Excel spreadsheet with tabbed worksheets for each of the section of the cutlist. Now I want to save that spreadsheet in a separate (Excel) file so that I can manipulate it. But the usual Excel menus and task icons are missing, and there is no way provided to save the file of the cutlist.

I know I could copy and paste each tabbed worksheet into a new Excel spreadsheet, but do I really have to go through all that hassle. Can't I just save it to a normal Excel spreadsheet.

Regards
Will Eick
Will Eick

Excel viewer vs. Excel program

Post by Will Eick »

The original post above is mine. In the couse of searching on the word \"cutlist\" in this forum I saw a similar question. It appears that on my computer [/i]Export Cuttlist to Excel is sending it to Excel Viewer. However, I have Microsoft Excel fully installed on my computer, so why is it sending it to Excel Viewer? I have tried to uninstall Excel Viewer as a program, but I can't even find it to unintall it.
Rob Frenette

Post by Rob Frenette »

Hi Will

When you click on export to excel you should have the option to open or save. If you save to desktop or file of your choosing you can then open it with the full version of excel.
Rob Frenette

Calmark Cabinetry & Woodwork Ltd
Specializing in CNC Machining & Edgebanding
Paul Ellis

Post by Paul Ellis »

To change the program that is used to open excel files:
Open explorer
Right click on any file with xls extention
click on properties
On the General Tab, if it does not say Open with: Microsoft Office Excel
you can click on the Change button to change it
HTH