Out of Memory Error - again.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Out of Memory Error - again.

Post by Leo Graywacz »

I am working on a kitchen and I am making incremental saves. I have this table that I am trying to add in. I built it in the cabinet editor. It has three legs, an apron and a full top from a cabinet so I can put a countertop on it. I can save the file no problem until I add this table. Then I get the OOM error. I have tried doing it in V5 and V5.1.2 with the same results. I have made three different versions of this table with the same result. The legs are from the 'Adams Wood Products' #A0902-35, the apron is made from display cubes. I have 2 GB and plenty of HD space, new M video card. I got the same error before the card so I don't think theres an issue there.
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Leo

You are probably bumping up against the Windows memory limit. Every Windows process is allocated 4GB of virtual address space (address space, not virtual memory, not RAM).

I had the same problem with adding a second copy of a room layout into the Line Drawing Editor. My cabinets had pulls on all the doors/drawers and also had rope molding on them--both huge memory consumers.

You can remove door/drawer pulls, moldings and drawer boxes from the cabinets in the room layout to get memory use down.

This is all you can do until the Thermwood programmers address the memory allocation issues in eCabinets. I know it is actively being worked on but I don't know when we will see relief.
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

I have no pulls on the kitchen. I do have a few dispay cubes. This is the kitchen that has been causing me a bunch of grief all along. I am going to re-arange a few things and then try to save again. I'll add this table last and then take the snapshot, the client wants to see the picture.
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Bill Rutherford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Bill Rutherford »

Leo,
Do you have a lot of line drawings in this job? If so delete some and that should cure your problem. I have seen a few jobs with 20-30 pages of line drawings with the out of memory error. When we deleted the drawings the error disappeared.
Bill Rutherford
North Woods Manufacturing
Full service CNC Machining
and Edge Banding
http://www.northwoodsmanufacturing.com
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

I had some weird things go on with that kitchen last night. I had 3 pages of line drawings, I don't use them so I don't know how they got there. I deleted them. My last successful save when loaded, showed just over 10,000KB on the loading graph. I did some adjustments and saved, got the error and the white ghost cabinets showed up. I deleted them and tried to save again. Still no. The next time I loaded the kitchen and I saved the kitchen under a different name. And each time I saved I used the SAVE JOB instead of the SAVE AS command. This time when I loaded the kitchen, it showed only 6600KB on the loading graph (???). I moved some cabinets around and adjusted some heights and each time I made a change I saved, exited the software and restarted it again. Each time the loading window showed less memory being used. I got it down to 4300KB at one time. I was able to get the 3 legged table in there. I added the countertop and got my first out of error message in a while. But I Had done a few saves without exiting the software. I exited and re-entered and did the countertop changes and it took. By this time it was 3am, I started at 9:30. Talk about fighting tooth and nail with a program. Not only does it have a big learning curve it also makes it hard to save your hard earned work. I did this with V5, If I had tried to do it with V5.1 I would have never made it to this point.
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Leo,
Could you please send me the job file and the table assembly. I would like to have the Job file you were having the most trouble with (largest file). I want to see where all of the memory is being used. Thanks! program@thermwood.com Send it to my attention!!
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Todd,
I sent you the kitchen using my Xdrive. I hope it works for you, I don't use it that much. The file is to large (50MB) to send by my standard email. Here is the table.

Leo G
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Todd,
Were you able to get the file downloaded from my Xdrive? And if and when you figure out where all that memory went to can you post the findings. I'm curious.
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

I have both of the files and I will look into this asap! Thanks!