Proposal writer

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

mikesand

Proposal writer

Post by mikesand »

I have searched this issue and I think I know the answer....... but I will look for input anyway.

The proposal lists the materials used in the job in an odd way. It seems to randomly end sentences and list the materials randomly. There are also some features that seem to not work right. Is this just my instalation, or is everyone's like that?

I suspect that everyone's has the same bugs. I have not been using proposals, but I see the need for one and am trying to be more profesional about how I \"seal the deal\". If anyone could share their proposal form I would apreciate it. I live in Texas and know that the laws vary, but just seeing other's proposals would help.

Thank you,

Mike
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Mike,

The proposal writer is not as user friendly as I would like it to be either. And, If we give our input and suggest changes it could very well get implimented.

For starters the proposal.ini can be changed by us to be repetitive in a global area. Such as, what you would like to say in every proposal.

A change I personally would like to see is that the proposal writer only list once the materials used in the cabinets. Not a list for every cabinet. The redundancy is a bit of an over kill. ie.

Materials

The cabinet structure shall be made from: 3/4 Birch Ply.
1/2 Dbx.
1/2 Dbx.
1/4 Dbx.
1/2 Dbx.
1/4 Dbx.
1/4 Birch Ply.

Cabinet doors shall be RP3 Thermafoil Mdf (unless otherwise noted):

Drawer slides shall be White vynal (unless otherwise noted).

Pulls shall be _______________________.

Cabinet finish shall be semi gloss.

Counter tops are not included. (unless otherwise noted)

these are pasted selections of 4 cabinets in the room. I deselect the cabinet structure in the next example and, put in my own words thus eliminating the redundancy. ie.

Materials

Cabinet doors shall be RP3 Thermafoil Mdf (unless otherwise noted): .
Drawer slides shall be White vynal (unless otherwise noted).
Pulls shall be _______________________.
Cabinet finish shall be semi gloss.
Counter tops are not included. (unless otherwise noted)

Making these changes in the ini file helps tremendously. However if there was a drop down list for the cabinet structure materials that would be nice.

Secondly, I may be missing something but, The logo and pictures part of this doesn't seem to work for me. Like I said might be me...

Just as an observation. If this logo and image does work (and not for me) :oops: I would like to have a slider button that alows us to watermark the images seperately. I copied all the proposal info and pasted it into a word document and watermarked a picture of their cabinet set behind words on the first page. Which added a very distinguished look to my proposals.

Hope this helps.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

I think the Proposal writer is a step child and doesn't get much attention. I would also like to see some changes made and a bit more functionality. I take the proposals into word to edit but spend so much time editing that it is easier to start from scratch with my own template.
Kerry
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Kerry,

Have you tried to rewrite the ini file. It helps a lot. Especially if you don't need so many changes. I'm sure nearly all your template information can be placed in the ini file. If you would like for example the formal radio buton to be the template structure your highend cabinetry. Then the information in the ini file can display 3/4\" ply, ball bearing slides, specialty trim without the software disclosing the redundant info. (Like the cabinet structure).

The informal radio button can be for a mid grade cabinets such as the stained, five piece doors etc.

And the short radio button can be for the melamine vinyl wrapped doors and drawer slides.

I noticed that the doors, drawers and slides do not appear in the proposal just the sentance from the ini file. . No matter what format, if I batch or have a job loaded.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650