Part editor

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tim Massa

Part editor

Post by Tim Massa »

Has anyone experienced a problem where you took a display boared into part editor and modified in using cut-thru and returned to the cab editor with the changes? The problem I'm having is that the part displays properly in cab editor but when taken back to the part editor the modification is no longer visible. Returning back to cab editor the part looks \"right\" again with the modifications being there. This seems to be happenning to a lot of the parts that I have modified this way. I'm afraid that the parts won't be milled on CNC with the modifications made in parts editor but only seen in the cab editor.

Thanks,
Tim
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Tim,
What version of ecabs are you running?

I have been trying to reproduce the issue, but I having trouble. If you would post the file, I could take a look at it. Thanks
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Tim,
Have you checked to see if the part when returned to the cabinet has flipped front to back? Check it out.
regards,
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

I think I may have found the answer from Justin at Thermwood. The parts that I brought into the parts editor were display boards. Apparently the display board won't re-appear in the parts editor, with the performed cut-thru's, if the cabinet was saved and re-opened at a later time in the cab editor. Reason given was becous they are display boards and not display panels. It's strange, though, becouse I had three table \"aprons\" made with a shallow arch cut into them in the part editor. It was later when I reopened the assembly and looked at the display boards (table aprons) that only one did display the previous cuts made to it whereas the rest did not. Never figured out why one would display and the rest would not in the part editor. This has also occurred with other speciality cabs that I've used display boards as a stretcher or similiar and wanted to \"soften\" it a bit with a curve or arch. When I re-opened the cabs later I found one or none would display properly in parts editor but would look fine in the cab editor. Very unnerving if your trying to send it out to a CNC shop to have punched out. I'm told that it will be \"seen\" on the CNC end, however but to still go over with it with the CNC shop just in case.
Todd, I'm running on V5.1 b2.
Pete, the orientation of the parts would look the same from either front or back. It's weird but the cuts simply arn't there. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Does anyone else find this to be the case with regards to the display boards and the parts editor?

Thanks,
Tim