pre hanging entry doors

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

pre hanging entry doors

Post by Will Williamson »

anyone useing a cs 40 to prehang entry doors
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Will,

If creating the doors in eCabinet software, you can design and have the hardware holes/mounting locations machined by the Thermwood router. Not sure if I'm close to your question here.........
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Doors

Post by Nick M Singer »

Hi Will I am sure you can machine all the required rebates and mortices for flush doors in principle. You would however need a right angle chuck to run lock mortices and butt hinge rebates. machining to the posts is simple with standard tooling
Michael Kowalczyk
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael Kowalczyk »

Hey Will,
You will also need to make a fixture and or pods to lift your door up to have clearance for your aggregate tooling. Also you will need locater pins for this fixture or pods so that your door is located EXACTLY square to the machine. Make a few blanks first to test/prove your files. Damaging an aggregate tool can be EXPENSIVE. Thank God I do not have first hand experience with that one. I am not sure only because I have not tried it but I do not think it can be done in Ecabs. All vertical routing can be but not horizontal that I am aware of. What other software do you have?
Michael Kowalczyk, GM

HP-Elite Quad Core Q6700-4 MB ram, Nvidia GeForce 512 MB Dual HP 22" flat panels, Windows 7 ultimate 64bit SP1