Build 3 Bug....

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jeff Sallows

Build 3 Bug....

Post by Jeff Sallows »

I have noticed lately in the new build 3 that cabinet heights are getting miscalculated. For example if i have a standard base cabinet 35 1/4\" H including the 4\" toekick loaded in the cabinet editor, all is good my gable is 31 1/4\" , but if I go to load it into a room layout it says the cabinet height is 31 1/4\" but that is really making my gable 27 1/4\". Is anyone else experiencing this?
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Jeff Sallows wrote:I have noticed lately in the new build 3 that cabinet heights are getting miscalculated. For example if i have a standard base cabinet 35 1/4" H including the 4" toekick loaded in the cabinet editor, all is good my gable is 31 1/4" , but if I go to load it into a room layout it says the cabinet height is 31 1/4" but that is really making my gable 27 1/4". Is anyone else experiencing this?
Jeff,
Are you using a detached toe kick, by any chance? I am not having any trouble with these numbers being wrong.

The best thing to do in this case is start by pulling up a standard cabinet in the custom layout view. Then take the cabinet into the cabinet editor, make your changes and the go back to the layout editor. Then take your wall elevation into the LDE (LINE DRAWING EDITOR) to confirm.
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Jeff,

I see the issue you mention here. This is just a display issue for height of detached toe cabinets and will only affect the cabinet if you select the \"Change Size\" button when placing it into a room. (batch cabinets do not present this problem) If you do not select change size, it will place the cabinet with the correct saved height even though the lower left display area shows the height without the detached toe amount. When you select the change size button it unfortunately fills the fields with the bad display value (by default) and will modify the cabinet to this value when you select OK. If you do not need to change the size, do not enter the change size dialog and all will be OK. If you need to change the size, you will have to manually set the height back to the correct number. I will have this resolved for the next update. Sorry for your inconvenience.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Jeff Sallows

Post by Jeff Sallows »

Thanks Scott for your reply. No need to apologize, you guys do a great job in providing us with some really great software!! Thanks again
Jerry McClain

Resizing issues

Post by Jerry McClain »

My two cents on this issue, if you know this is a problem why not issue a patch to fix it and not leave us to suffer until the next build. The horrible thing is we dread waiting for the next build because we know that something else we rely on will be broken. I am extremely frustrated at this point.
JLM
Jerry McClain

Resizing editor

Post by Jerry McClain »

I can understand what you are saying about manually correcting the height but what that does not do is fix the openings for drawers and doors. I work in a shop that is doing custom jobs back to back and we just don't have the luxury of all that time to manually fix these kind of things. When I do a custom layout I build one cabinet as my seed and then just change the size for the entire layout. I plain don't have the luxury of rebuilding the entire cabinet everytime. I am tired of having to nest the job and spend the next few hours in agony knowing the shop is going to come to my office every ten minutes tell me the cabinets are all jacked up. I plain have no faith in the software being correct.
JLM
Rolf Bergstrom

Post by Rolf Bergstrom »

This problem should not affect door and drawer openings. All that is happening is the Toe Kick is not being included in the calc when you RESIZE the cabinet so you have to add the Toe Kick size to the cabinet height when you resize the cabinet. So, if you have a 30 1/2\" tall cabinet with a 5\" toe kick (a 35 1/2\" cabinet) you just need to make sure the cabinet height reads 35 1/2\" when you do your resize (it will read 30 1/2\" in the resize dialog). Only if you are changing the height of the cabinet will the drawer and door heights be affected which is going to happen anyway unless you constrain the openings. I hope I explained this clearly, I noticed this last week when I was resizing cabinets and was worried about the same thing as you but it turned out to be okay as you are really just making the cabinet the height that it was originally built to be and therefor the openings will be the same.
Jerry McClain

Post by Jerry McClain »

I am taking a seed cabinet that is 34.5\" tall and resizing the width only. I have taken the detached toe into my figures. When I select the change size button it is telling me that the cabinet is 28.5\" tall. If I change the height back to the 34.5 and the width to whatever I want it is changing the height and width of all my openings. Thanks for your reply.
JLM
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Jerry

Here is another way to adjust your cabinets for now. Place your cabinet in the room then select it and select adjust cabinet features – re-size/equalize from the mouse tier. Hope this helps.

Walker
Last edited by Walker T Scott on Mon, Jun 04 2007, 2:15PM, edited 2 times in total.
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re:

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Jerry McClain wrote:I am taking a seed cabinet that is 34.5" tall and resizing the width only. I have taken the detached toe into my figures. When I select the change size button it is telling me that the cabinet is 28.5" tall. If I change the height back to the 34.5 and the width to whatever I want it is changing the height and width of all my openings. Thanks for your reply.
Jerry,

Would you please post the cabinet that you are using here? I want to make sure that I am not missing something here, and ensure that we get to the bottom of your issue.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Rolf Bergstrom

Post by Rolf Bergstrom »

Maybe I am not understanding correctly. Here is what I see.

I take a seed cabinet that is 35 1/2\" tall (30 1/2\" cabinet and 5\" toe kick)and 18\" wide with 1 dwr 5 1/4\" and 1 door 24 1/2\".
I place this in a room and change the width to 15\" or 24 3/4\". At this point I have to also change the height to 35 1/2\" otherwise the resized cabinet will be 30 1/2\" overall. Once this is done my door is still 24 1/2\" and my drawer is still 5 1/4\" and I have no constraints or anything like that set up.
So, what I am saying is that I am not seeing the vertical size of the openings change as long as I am not changing the height of the cabinet to something other than the original height of the seed.
Jerry McClain

Post by Jerry McClain »

Rolf you are seeing it correctly, my partner here at the shop has it work just like you say it is. Mine however does not have a consistant height when I pull up the seed cabinet. It has changed the height from 28.5 to 30.5 and it is the same seed cabinet. At this point I have corrected the layout so it is correct. I am considering reloading ecabinets because of the possibilites that it has become corrupted. I have attached the seed cabinet I was using. Thanks.
Attachments
24Base 1 door Res..hsf
(1020.02 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
JLM
Jerry McClain

Post by Jerry McClain »

I truly appreciate everyone helping me with this but what nobody has said is why we can't issue a patch to fix this or provide a timeline for when the next build is going to come out.

Thanks
JLM
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Jerry

If you look at the 3rd post, Scott Vaal has said that this will be corrected in the next update. Updates are issued as issues are corrected but usually not for a single issue where a work around exists.
Jerry McClain

Post by Jerry McClain »

I have tried the work around that Walker requested I try and when I follow his directions I can't select resize and equalize, it is greyed out.

Thanks
JLM