settings/preferences dialog

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

KyleHepp

settings/preferences dialog

Post by KyleHepp »

I've been using the \"hot keys\" to bring up various areas, cntrl + E for the settings/preferences gives me the ability to choose metric.

If I choose \"METRIC\" will it affect only the product in cabinet designer, or will it retroactively affect everything I've done so far?

Hopefully the settings/preferences only apply to each item/layout that you select them to.

I've been designing and laying out jobs that I need to actually produce. I'm under the gun to say the least, and I truly wish that I could take more time to thoroughly learn the program before commencing to process parts for real jobs, but that option has passed.

I have a unique furniture style vanity base that I'm essentially copying off of a supplied CAD diagram, I only have a photocopied page this afternoon, but probably could get the file if I asked...

I want to switch the settings and preferences to
Metric for this, and only this cabinet
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Kyle,

Regrettably the settings and preferences are global and effect the system wide display of measurements. In other words if you are a metric man and I am imperial man, a file you send me I will still read in imperial.

However, while in the (LDE) the chosen dimension display type will apply to whatever is added to the (LDE) at that time. Each notation will maintain that display value, even after the preference has been changed. But this is only in the LDE. Again if you send me a job file and I go to the LDE, the notations I see will be whatever you made them.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
KyleHepp

Post by KyleHepp »

got it :)

Now, there isn't a \"lost in translation\" facto to be aware of is there?

In other words, will converting back and forth inherently round up and down at a certain decimal place
-thus amounting to stacked tolerance losses/gains in certain instances?
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Kyle,

Uncheck the box that rounds to nearest mm.

Forrest