Eco-friendly Bamboo Vanity

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Eco-friendly Bamboo Vanity

Postby Joe Dusel » Mon, Jun 11 2007, 2:50PM

This is a rendering of a simple vanity that I just designed for a client in amber bamboo.

Joe
Attachments
masterVanity7.jpg
masterVanity7.jpg (66.96 KiB) Viewed 15393 times

George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Postby George Davidson » Mon, Jun 11 2007, 3:44PM

Joe That came out very nice

Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Postby Joe Dusel » Mon, Jun 11 2007, 4:13PM

Thanks George. Now let's see if they accept the bid. By the way, they love the renderings.

Joe

Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re:

Postby Al Navas » Mon, Jun 11 2007, 4:47PM

Joe Dusel wrote:... Now let's see if they accept the bid. By the way, they love the renderings...
I hope they accept your bid and you get to build it, Joe. The rendering is gorgeous! Thanks for posting.

Al
http://sandal-woodsblog.com
Sandal Woods - Fine Woodworking

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Postby Kerry Fullington » Wed, Jun 13 2007, 8:24AM

Joe,
You really nailed the lighting on that render. Great job. It is one of those that you ask, \"Is it real or is it Memorex\"?

Kerry

Joseph Fusco

Postby Joseph Fusco » Wed, Jun 13 2007, 9:06AM

Joe,

I agree with Kerry. When I first looked at it I thought it was a photo of a finished product. It was only when I looked at the cabinets to the right side did I say, hey, it's a rendering!

Excellent job.

Joe.

Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Postby Joe Dusel » Thu, Jun 14 2007, 11:11AM

Thanks guys. Yeah, the lighting is the tricky part. It will be nice when we have better controls for this. I sure would like to be able to show/hide the lights from the presentation manager. I did have a hard time with the lighting on the cabinets on the right. I suppose I could have done a bit more adjusting and got it better. The Bamboo image is from a picture that I took of a piece of Plyboo. This job calls for all of the doors, drawer fronts and drawer boxes to be made from the Plyboo.

Joe

Philip Lengden

Postby Philip Lengden » Thu, Oct 04 2007, 9:33PM

Any luck with the Plyboo? I'm interested to hear how it worked out on the CNC?

Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Postby Joe Dusel » Thu, Oct 04 2007, 10:58PM

Unfortunately one of my competitors got the job. The PlyBoo that I had milled on a CNC in the past came out nice. The only problem that they had cutting the stuff was that the feed speed was initially a bit too fast. The operator snapped a bit almost immediately. I guess it must be similar to milling solid wood.

I have another friend who mills the stuff all the time on a CNC with great results. The big problem with the PlyBoo stuff is that it's not consistent thickness from one side of a panel to another (hey, it's made in China). My friend makes a pass first with a fly cutter to get the panel to be flat.

Joe

Philip Lengden

Postby Philip Lengden » Fri, Oct 05 2007, 7:36AM

Joe,

Sorry to hear about that, but you win some you lose some. Good to hear about the bamboo though - not sure if we can get that same brand in Canada but there are definitely similar products. I'll have to do some testing myself at some point. Can wait to get that CS41! Sort of a pipe dream at the moment.

Phil

Philip Lengden

Postby Philip Lengden » Fri, Oct 05 2007, 7:46AM

Joe - one more thing. Looking at your design, I thought I'd give some input. The unit looks great but we're finding that more and more of our clients are not going for the standard backsplash. Its seams that a more contemporary look is to tile the back and have an above counter sink. I've included 2 samples of 'contemporary' units we've done to illustrate my point. I hope this helps. It looks like the unit you were quoting was going into a reno so the tiling was definitely more of an option.
Phil
Attachments
FamilyFullView.jpg
FamilyFullView.jpg (72.37 KiB) Viewed 15128 times
MasterDetail.jpg
MasterDetail.jpg (58.92 KiB) Viewed 15265 times

Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Postby Joe Dusel » Fri, Oct 05 2007, 9:58AM

Nice looking vanities there Philip. I like the idea of the sink mounted on top and the floating design.

The design I did was pretty much exactly what my client requested. I only do cabinets; so the countertops, sinks, plumbing and such are done by other contractors.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Joe

Return to “Customer Images”