Dear Santa, Here's what I'd like for Christmas...

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Remembering work arounds are like returning home after a long hard day at the shop. Most people who have something to return home to never forget the way. :P

However, some have to travel the road every day for a month or two just to remember... :lol:
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

A lot of users don't work in all areas of the program, so instead of banging your head trying to find a solution to an issue a simple list set up by program area would probably help alot of folks out there.
Roger Erismann

Post by Roger Erismann »

I've got a couple of items to add :

Better print quality from LDE....

Hardware holes on doors/drawers

Default wireframe view in the cabinet editor...(when I use the wireframe view it allways goes back to rendering after I make a change)

Multiple sheet layouts in the parts editor...

Ability to use extrusion cuts over proflies

Lettering in the parts editor

Flat panel MDF doors

currently I use e-cabs daily in a comercial environment( I am keeping the production going while the shop switches to Microvellum) usually by the end of the day I got a whole list of things.....but somewhere between my terminal and tha parking lot I forget them...

take care
Wood Butcher/Case Maker
Kirt F. Bowman

more improved features

Post by Kirt F. Bowman »

keeping with the theme of the thread

1 screen editing, if you right click on a part that editor is activated in the background allowing you to edit that part along with a small picture window showing your results. Instead of kicking you out of the cab editor or detail room.

saving does not kick you out of your work area and into 3d view.

cutlist is fully editable

save box in cab editor should be a windows compatible so it would allow you to see details of your files date,sort,rename, etc.

editable menu system no fixed menu on the left.

mouseover of a cabinet gives all cabinet info edgebanding, dwr hardware, door hardware, besides ht and width.

a drag and drop hardware editor selection list that when dragged to the cabinet would ask where you want it located.

part editor that would allow mirroring of cuts, cut and paste features

LDE to allow one title block to be put on all sheets automatically from the first sheet.

duo-core architecture programming that divides the video chores to one specific core eliminating memory problems. Program the other calculating chores to the other core. Multi core processors are over kill right now but no one utilizes the capacity. Let Ecabinets lead the way!!!

1 click twd process click once you tell it where to put the file. thats it

my 2 cents
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

And...
  • Resizable window dialogs

while in room lay out, when you place a cabinet for example, a jpeg image pops up with more detail than the tiny image currently in the dialog. (we are getting older).

drawer opennings that can be locked to the height you want. So we can increase or decrease the height of the cabinet without doing major surgery on the cabinet.

When you start with a standard cabinet, a dialog pops up to select which standard to use, and it automaticly enters the info and regenerates the cabinet and materials based on those parameters. Some softwares calle this knowledge files.

Parts made in the part editor that can be added to the cabinet from the right click menu tree. screen molding for example. to the left/right side.

and I second the LDE first page as master set. Anything you do on the master will show on all other pages. Like the title block.

I would also like for LDE to be able to import the cut list for that cabinet on that page.
I guess that's all.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Joe Stone

Post by Joe Stone »

I have suggested that and it got shot down. I don't think having a simple known bug list should be a problem, when they are fixed remove them from the list for ALL to see. Stability and useability has become an issue and the longer it persists, the more newcomers are hard to convince this is a good business tool.
Joe Stone

Precision Concept Cutting
http://www.pccmich.com
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

I say yes to locking fronts and doors. Lets stop the surgery.
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Joe I have been working on the glass problem and have tried to make a JPEG transparent using GIMP. Proving to be a tad difficult? I think it is time for the Thermwood folk to give us a transparent material! it can be done because one can already set everything to transparent in the cabinet editor.
Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Al Navas »

Off-topic: You might try this glas shelf - I have used it in several of my renderings. Place it in a folder that contains your import items.

NOW - back to our scheduled programming, and topic :lol: .

Attachments
glass shelf.jpg
glass shelf.jpg (2.39 KiB) Viewed 7888 times
glass shelf.hsf
(3.36 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
Al
http://sandal-woodsblog.com
Sandal Woods - Fine Woodworking