oval cutout for sink

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Floyd Meredith

oval cutout for sink

Post by Floyd Meredith »

I found the following post on how to do an oval cutout.

\"This how I do it quickly. It's a bit primitive but it works pretty easy. Take your top to the PE and draw a circle with a diameter equal to the narrowest part of the sink, cut it out, then begin to expand the circle in in small increments across the length. In this pic, I just went 1\" in each direstion. You may have to adjust the the radius of your additional cute to match the eliptical shape of your sink, but it is real easy HTH.

Mike

I got as far as cutting out the circle but could not figure out how to \"expand the circle in small increments\" . Could someone please tell me how to do this?

Thanks,

Floyd
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

I think he means by drawing a smaller circle at each of the ends of the larger circle.
Michael Rice

Post by Michael Rice »

Floyd....Wally's right. For example, take a top 24x72 to the PE. Select circle and enter 12,36 for your center then enter 8 for your radius. Then enter 12,35 for your center and 8 radius, enter 12,37 center and 8 radius. You've now drawn 3 circles with an 8\" radius and shifted the center 1\" in 2 directions. this will give you an oval when you cut through. You may have to adjust your center point some to make the oval you want, but for display purposes this works fine.

Mike
It's what you do, with what you got !
Nemanja Vujkovic

Post by Nemanja Vujkovic »

What we do is make an elipse in autocad r12 and save it as geometry and than just do it in PE.
Floyd Meredith

Post by Floyd Meredith »

Thanks for the help, it works just like you said.

Floyd