edging diagrams on labels

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

edging diagrams on labels

Post by Mark Hesketh »

Just noticed in some of the last couple of jobs that I have cut that the labels are being printed with the wrong diagram for edging. For example, a gable might get the diagram for a corner unit shelf. Or a back (which has no edging) will get a diagram showing edging on 2 sides of an open space (no part shown, just the edging lines). I went back and nested the job in ecabs, and printed the labels to the screen there, and they all look fine. So my guess is that CN is missinterpretting them somewhere... maybe? It doesn't happen to all of the labels, just a few here and there.

Any ideas?

Could it be some setting that I have missed?
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

What version of Control nesting are you running? I did notice that in verion 5.27 of control nesting, that this same sort of issue had been addressed. You may want to update Control Nesting software.

Changes/Additions for v5.27 (5/9/07)

Edgebanding depiction on labels showing just black square (FIXED)
Write CNC crashing in X nest direction but not Y direction in certain cases (FIXED)
Blind Dove Tail tool getting called for chain operations and pocket cleanup operations in certain cases. (FIXED)
Cabinet Vision & KCDW files not loading properly when extension designation .cvdxf & .kcdwdxf are used. (FIXED)
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

I am running CN 5.29
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

Has there been any progress made on this? I noticed a bunch more labels today with corner cab edgebanding diagrams on straight shelves and such.
Ryan Hochgesang

Hi Mark,

Could you sent me the job you just worked with, so that we can take a look at it in particular?

Send the folling files to: program@thermwood.com

- .esj (job files) or .hsf (cabinet files) or esa (assembly files)
- .twd file

Thank you!
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

Hey Ryan

I have emailed the files you requested to you. the attachment is 11mb though, so let me know if you have problems receiving it
Ryan Hochgesang

I've received the files and also replied to your email that we would take a look and get back to you asap.
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

Thanks Ryan!
Ryan Hochgesang

Update on findings:

We've taken a look at the Brooking job which you've supplied and definitly see the issue your experiencing with your labels. We know the issue is stemming from eCab. However, were unable to reproduce the issue when creating a new cabinet. We've tested in eCab Build 3 as well as in the version that is about to be released.

- What version of eCab are you running?
- If your running Version 5 Build 3, then what are the exact steps your taking from design, all the way to creating twd? There may be one particular scenario that causes this.
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

Just another note here Mark....

We are interested in what steps you are taking with this job to create the .twd. Any information would help us greatly.

We can see a problem in the .twd you sent, but when we take the .esj you sent and create a .twd we do not see the problem. Thanks!
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

to create these jobs, I am creating batch jobs using a library of cabinets that I have created over the past year and a half. Once the cabinet is loaded into the batch, I open it in cabinet editor and make any adjustments that may be necessary (like changing materials for individual parts). Once the entire job is entered and adjusted, and the names of the cabinets are edited to reflect the job, I then run a nest to make sure everything looks ok, then create the twd (by clicking on the CNC button, adding the open job in the \"for CNC output\" area, then browsing to the same directory and creating a file with the same name but with a twd extension in the \"twd file output\" area).

These cabinets that I am using from my constantly expanding library were originally created about a year and a half ago, and some have been edited a dozen times or so. I am really hoping that you are not going to tell me that I have to recreate my library in the new version of ecabs... :(

I am running the latest version of ecabs right now, btw.
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

Keep in mind I can create a .twd from the job you sent correctly. So I'm guessing (emphasis on guessing) the problem occurs when editing the cabinets then creating a .twd. We are currently working on it. Thank you for your help!
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

Thank you for working on it! :)
Ryan Hochgesang

Mark,

We are still unable to reproduce this issue here, regarding incorrect edgebanding diagram. We will continue with efforts to track this down, but please inform us if you come across any more details in steps your taking which seem to cause this issue.

Thank You!