Help with Slide Mount Hole Pattern

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Raymond Beausoleil

Help with Slide Mount Hole Pattern

Post by Raymond Beausoleil »

I created a hole pattern for a Blum 295.3750 slide mount and associated it with the slide mount. When I added a drawer I could not see any holes displayed on the cabinet back as expected. The slide and slide mount are set as defaults for the door/drawer editor slide and door/drawer editor slide mount.

Although I'm not exactly clear about the hole placement some holes should be visible close to where the slide mount would be placed.

According to the help/manual - The hole pattern for these is created with the 0,0 origin at the center of the slide support. Is that at the bottom center of the slide ? According to the Blum document, the top holes are 21mm on each side of the center line. Their height is either 48 or 50 mm from bottom of the slide (depending on how you interpret the diagram).

Ray
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

Post by Mark Hesketh »

I really haven't played too much with creating my own hole patterns, but when I have, I always open up an existing slide hole pattern just to see where they placed the holes to make sure I am putting them in the right spot.

If you haven't tried that already, try opening one of the existing and just check it against the one you created to make sure the holes are in the same areas, and also that they are going the correct way... I seem to remember something about negative depth puts the holes into the drawer box, and positive depth into the cabinet... or maybe the other way around. You can rotate the view to see which way the holes are extending.

Hope this helps some
Raymond Beausoleil

Mark,

I created a hole pattern for the slide itself and that works fine. This is for the slide mount which is used in a 'frame' cabinet and mounts on the back. The Blum slide inserts into this slide mount to hold the slide from the back. The hole pattern is to create pilot holes for the slide mount. The slide mount is used in a frame cabinet because the slide can't be mounted on the sides.

Ray
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

Post by Mark Hesketh »

ah, I miss-read that, sorry.

I haven't played with slide mounts at all... but the idea should still be the same... no? Or could your problem be a drawer that isn't deep enough for the mount holes to hit the back?

One of the guru's here can give you a much more intelligent answer I am sure.
Raymond Beausoleil

I just updated to 5.1 build 4 and still have no success getting the hole patterns for the Slide Mount to work. I've examined the hole pattern itself with the hole pattern editor and seems to be ok. It's associated with the slide mount. The slide mount and the slide are set as defaults for the drawer.

Can anyone confirm that the slide mount and hole pattern feature is indeed working ok?

Ray
Joe Stone

Post by Joe Stone »

Guys,

I am pretty sure there is no ability to put holes in the back of a box using the harware hole associations. This section is practical for frameless only as I have understood it. There was talk of adding this ability but I don't think it has been yet.

Can we get some others to chime in please to assure my info is correct.

Thanks,

Joe
Joe Stone

Precision Concept Cutting
http://www.pccmich.com
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Speaking of holes in backs, how are you cutters dealing with shelf pin holes in the backs of wide cabs.
Raymond Beausoleil

Joe, to your point, the slide mount default settings do allow a hole pattern to be associated to it. It would certainly be nice to pre-drill pilot holes for the slide mounts. Can one of the eCabinets software gurus please confirm whether this is supported or not? If not, is it in the queue for a future release? Thanks!

Ray
Sean O' Hare

Slide Mount Hole Pattern

Post by Sean O' Hare »

Raymond,

I think the hardware hole editor only works in 1 plane. You're looking at the side of the cabinet, I dont know how you could access the back of the cabinet thro it.

Sean
sean
Zach Froble

Post by Zach Froble »

Set up a catalog of cabinets that you use these in ( for example 3 drawer base, 4 drawer base etc.) then take the back into the part editor and use the pattern you created to put your pilot holes in. Then take the part to the constraint manager and put the constraints on these holes so that when you change the width of a cabinet they will stay in the same location.

I have only played around with this a few times, but I did have success. I know there are some gurus out there that could probably explain this to you better. I do think it is in the ecabinets manual.

If you need any more detailed instructions, I would be glad to help

Zach
Lyndan Designs
Machining and CAD Services