need help

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Rob Davis
Guru Member

need help

Post by Rob Davis »

went to load build 4 finally after I thought it was safe and we had a break in the action. It won't go. Get a \"updating display\" message in cabinet editor and when I check what version I am running, it says build 2 still. Download seems to work but not when I go to use it.
I am using XP, 2GB RAM, HP laptop I have been using trouble free fro a year.
I did just update my reg code because we did work on the network and I had to rename my computer. Is that the pronblem?

Suggestions?
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hey Rob,
I have not had any problems, did you save the download and then run it? I always save the down load to my desktop, shut down any programs and then run the update from the desktop location,reboot the computer and then go to e-cab program. Never had a problem............probably just kicked myself in the a-- with that statement!
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

This is the first time I have ever had a problem. I can't figure it .
I do save to a download file then run it from there. It keeps asking if I want to remove 5.1.4 and I say yes based on previous threads and I go right back to where I was before.
I am waiting on Thermwood to help me out here. If the blog doesn't work, I'll call and post the reply for someone else if they need it.
Probably an operator problem more than likely though!
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Closing the loop:
Justin was very helpful and we got it fixed very quickly and easily. I had to delete the update from my disk, go to website and download the update saving to a folder,(never download the update from an email he said), run it from a folder and when it asks if I want to remove it, say yes. Then go back to folder to make sure it is gone and if not, delete it again. Download the program again from the website saving to disk, then run it and install it. And it worked.
Now, having said all that, I am running this disclaimer to say that this worked for me and nothing here can be construed as a certainty that it will work for you. Call Thermwood if you need help becasue they are the best. (Too many lawyers in this world, eh?)