Router for Kerry

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jerry McClain

Router for Kerry

Post by Jerry McClain »

I have an idea, for all he has done to make this an easier to use program for us not so talented e-cabinet users I think Kerry should be given a router. I believe he has done as much for us end users as he has for Thermwood. If thats not possible he should be put on the payroll as an offsite teacher. Thanks a million Kerry!!!!!
JLM
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Jerry,
Thanks for the plug. I cleaned out a place in the shop but it doesn't look like your movement is getting much traction so I guess I'll put everything back this weekend.
Kerry
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Did you find any missing tools in the cleanup? :lol: That's when I always find something that I haven't been able to find for months. :(
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

I did that once, found a model A Ford complete. :joker:
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

It's a little tight but I think I can probably throw some more junk out of the way.

Kerry
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Fit's like a charm.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Yep...just move that high-tech paint booth over a little and you got it made.
Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re:

Post by Al Navas »

Kerry Fullington wrote:It's a little tight but I think I can probably throw some more junk out of the way.

Kerry
Holy cow, Kerry! What type of building does your shop reside in? I like the open spaces above all the tools! Are there skylights in the roof?

Al
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Hey Dan,
That spray booth is so high tech that most of it is disposable and the rest folds up and goes in a corner. It is also explosion proof as long as I am using waterborne finishes.

Al,
This shop belonged to one of the building contractors that used to live here. (In the seventies and eighties there were at least five full time building contractors here as well as concrete crews, drywall, painters, etc. There are a total of \"0\" of these trades here now.) I like this building because it is very open. The contractor liked to weld as a hobby so he built all of the trusses etc. from square steel tubing. There are ten skylights in the roof which make it very nice. During the daylight hours I rarely turn on the fluorescents. The only thing wrong with the building is that it needed to be twice as large. I have enough room on my lots here to build another building up to about 6000 sq. ft. if I need to make room for a router.

Kerry
DaleKern

Post by DaleKern »

Kerry,

Maybe the forum crew is just a little shy (oh, they're shy all right... :roll: ) so I'll start off by sponsering you for your router. I'll pledge the first $500 - you have helped me over the years enough to fetch that much for sure. So come on everyone, \"give 'til it hurts\" and help Kerry get a dream machine! Only 319+ more sponsers needed.

Seriously, you have contributed so much I wish I could push the easy button and have the router appear in your driveway. It would be fun watching you build that new building around the router in 10 days or less!

Take care,

Dale
I have no business being in this business...

http://www.dalekern.com
Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re:

Post by Al Navas »

Kerry Fullington wrote:Hey Dan,
That spray booth is so high tech that most of it is disposable and the rest folds up and goes in a corner. It is also explosion proof as long as I am using waterborne finishes.
Terrific, Kerry!

Since you showed us yours, I hope you won't mind if I show mine. It is amazing how some minds think alike - I LIKE disposable too (lightweight and cheap). Construction is insulation; the sides are "hinged", using Velcro with the sticky back, to allow larger or smaller openings. I spray only waterborne stuff too, as it is too expensive to get the explosion-proof lights:

Kerry Fullington wrote: Al,
This shop belonged to one of the building contractors that used to live here. (In the seventies and eighties there were at least five full time building contractors here as well as concrete crews, drywall, painters, etc. There are a total of "0" of these trades here now.) I like this building because it is very open. The contractor liked to weld as a hobby so he built all of the trusses etc. from square steel tubing. There are ten skylights in the roof which make it very nice. During the daylight hours I rarely turn on the fluorescents. The only thing wrong with the building is that it needed to be twice as large. I have enough room on my lots here to build another building up to about 6000 sq. ft. if I need to make room for a router.

Kerry
I love the openness too! That is why I was asking. I sure hope there IS a router in your future, Kerry. Here is one of mine, inside this cabinet: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for sharing!!!

Al
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Dale and guys,
Thanks a lot for all the kind words and wishes. I actually like working out the eCabinets problems. This was just one of my methods to learn the software. By working on answers to other member's questions it introduces me to new areas and problems that I might not encounter in my day to day practice. Working out problems this way is a lot better than my running into them while working on a job with a deadline. So you see my motives are actually selfish.
One of these days I am going to find the perfect widget that everyone has to have and then I can get a router. I can let it cut widgets all day and play with carvings and stuff at night. It would also be nice to be able build a square box using blind dado construction. In my mind that is an extra value added to my product. My quality never seems to meet my expectations. Good help is hard to come by.

Kerry
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Al,
Where is all the dirt, dust and junk that you are supposed to have in a shop?
I like the idea of the rigid insulation board. I could make some little \"T\" type feet that it slides into so I could place them next to the blower.

Kerry
mikesand

Post by mikesand »

LOL, this has been an entertaining thread. I think I will post some pics of my \"spray booth\" but yall have to promise not to tell anyone about it.

I second Kerry's router..... Dalhart.....hmmm I think that is driving distance from DFW. I'm sure that Kerry wouldn't mind shareing his donated router!

Mike
Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re:

Post by Al Navas »

Kerry Fullington wrote:Al,
Where is all the dirt, dust and junk that you are supposed to have in a shop?...
You should see it now, Kerry. I took this picture in between jobs, AFTER I cleaned it up. We were in the middle of doing the finishing room, which meant moving a lot of old tools that now hang on the walls; all of these used to be in the finishing room.

This is the same wall, just to the right of the DC system and above the window - LOML just loves mallets:

And I love measuring tools and old hand planes:

Al