Router for Kerry

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re:

Post by Al Navas »

Kerry Fullington wrote:...One of these days I am going to find the perfect widget that everyone has to have and then I can get a router. I can let it cut widgets all day and play with carvings and stuff at night...
Sooo... You ARE saying you WOULD want a router? Hmmm.... OK, that's cool!

Kerry Fullington wrote:...It would also be nice to be able build a square box using blind dado construction. In my mind that is an extra value added to my product. My quality never seems to meet my expectations. Good help is hard to come by...
Tongue & groove, a la Sommerfeld? But it does require the T&G bits, and YOU must be the one pushing the work pieces through. At least THAT is what I have to do.

It would be WONDERFUL to have a Thermwood router, wouldn't it?

Al
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Al,

Do you make cabinets or order them? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re:

Post by Al Navas »

Brian Shannon wrote:Al,

Do you make cabinets or order them? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OUCH!!! THAT hurt, Brian :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Actually, we bought two sets of kitchen cabinets at garage sales, for a grand total of $250 when we were first putting together the shop, Brian. There was NO way I was going to build everything needed to stock the new shop. I wanted to MAKE STUFF, not make things to make stuff... And buying the old cabs in the shop was fine. The ones in the finishing room are in much better shape than the ones in the main area of the shop.

I really must make another cabinet for my wife, as she needs it to stash all of her turning tools permanently. This one will be fun: Two banks of 8 drawers side-by-side (16 drawers total). Needless to say, shallow drawers. I think the full-extension drawer slides will weigh more than the rest of the cabinet.

Al
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Sorry Al,

I was only making a joke in reference to the LACK of sawdust. CRAP! You should see my shop(or not). It doesn,t look like you machine any wood! I only wish I could be that clean!

Brian
Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Al Navas »

Brian,

NO need to be sorry about anything at all.

Lack of sawdust... Well, only between jobs.THAT is the only time I might take photos to post, unless the photos are needed to illustrate a procedure.

I am paranoid about dust in the shop, for all the health reasons mentioned by Kerry in another thread. As a result, the dust collection system is on much of the time, the air cleaner is also on, and the floors are swept pretty much daily.

I used to have chips up to my knees when using the dovetail jig. Then I got a dust collection system for the router on the jig, too - and now it is rare to have even half a cup of dust after two or three solid days of cutting dovetails.

NOW WE RETURN YOU TO REGULAR PROGRAMMING, AND THE ORIGINAL TOPIC:

A router for Kerry...
Jerry McClain

Post by Jerry McClain »

Okay Kerry, I tried. Since nobody at Thermwood posted I am guessing you aren't going to get a router even tho it looks like it would fit. Once again thanks for all your help, you have really helped me solve some problems I thought there was no way around.
JLM