cabinets not showing on elevations

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

brian bowden

cabinets not showing on elevations

Post by brian bowden »

While in custom layout -detail room after moving and editing cabinets some do not show up in the elevation. I have tried everthing do display these. Could some one please advise as this program is new to me
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Brian,
In the overhead view highlight the missing cabinet then mouse over the top of the wall that you are trying to view the elevation of. The wall will highlight yellow then right click and choose Associate to wall.
Now when you go to this walls elevation the cabinet will appear. Repeat for any other cabinet or wall. You can only associate one cabinet at a time.
Kerry
David Werkheiser

Post by David Werkheiser »

Brian,
I might add to Kerry'spost. That if your \"Inset Item Method\"is set to
\"freestyle\" when cabinets are added to room, than they will not show up in wall elevation. This and accessing the \"associate to wall\" gave me problems for a long while
David Werkheiser
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

You are also probably a victim of a long standing bug where objects dissociate themselves randomly from walls. I have just been doing a layout where the cabinets associated themselves at random with the opposite wall, and items I put into the layout disappear entirely even though their parts still appear in the nesting diagrams
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Nick M Singer wrote:You are also probably a victim of a long standing bug where objects dissociate themselves randomly from walls. I have just been doing a layout where the cabinets associated themselves at random with the opposite wall, and items I put into the layout disappear entirely even though their parts still appear in the nesting diagrams
Before or after visiting the pub Nick? :joker:
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Sometimes you gotta drink some pretty strong stuff to keep on working in eCabs Dan
Jerry McClain

Post by Jerry McClain »

Does the problem seem to happen more when the cabinet is at a wall intersection?
JLM
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Nick,
I haven't had a problem with cabinets losing their associations to wall in a long time. If you are still having this problem with version 5.1 build 4 then send the ecab guys an example of a room that does this so they can reproduce the problem and fix it.
Kerry
Jerry McClain

Post by Jerry McClain »

I can't say that it is losing association all together, its just associating to the wrong wall. Usually the wall farthest from the cabinet placement. I think there is no guessing where it will associate. Its not a major deal just a little nagging thing that makes you go hmmmmm.
JLM
brian bowden

Post by brian bowden »

thanks for your response. Sorry for the later reply the computer hasnt been working for a while, but its now up and running. thanks to all.
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

On many occasions I have had cabinets associate themselves to other walls as well as the wall it was placed on. And a few times when the cabinet did not associate to a wall while in \"align to back\" mode.

It appears to be just random to me as well.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

The cabinets also lose their edgebanding data when they lose their wall associations. I can reproduce it using the standard cabinets. I think I sent that one in, not sure. If I could remember the steps I'd post it here so ya'll could double-check me.
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12