MDF Door Problem

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

BenRatt

MDF Door Problem

Post by BenRatt »

When I run MDF doors with a custom tool for the exterior cut I've found that the inward and outward offsets in the ecabs exterior profile setup window are backwards.

Basically ecabs will display a goofed up looking door (b/c the offsets are backwards), and it looks goofed up in profile modeler, but it machines correctly.

What's so bad about it is that in order to present a picture to the customer you have to build the cabinets with the incorrect doors and drawers and then later go back and rebuild all your cabinets with the correct doors and drawers. Real time killer.

I've emailed the ecab guys a few times about this but never got an answer on it.

Is anyone else having this problem??
Ben Ratterree
Blue Ridge Cabinetworks
Spartanburg, SC
http://www.blueridgecabs.com
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

Ben, I'm not seeing what you are, could you post a sample?
Joe
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Ben
Will you send me your eCabinets files for the MDF doors you are trying to cut? Also the tooling files and steps to recreate this.

Thank You
Justin
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Ben,

I have reproduced your issue. No need to send anything in (as Justin requested). I will get it on the list to be resolved.

This may be a \"well duh\" question, but here goes: Is the additional offset required for what you are doing? Are you using inward or outward additional offset? Are you applying radius comp? Could radius comp possibly get it accomplished until the issue is resolved?
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
BenRatt

Post by BenRatt »

Scott, sorry I never got back to you.

I am using an inward offset to achieve an outward offset. I am not using radius comp and it will not achieve the appearance I want right now, but I appreciate you thinking about a work around.

Thanks so much for \"putting this on the list\". It's been driving me nuts for a while and it's nice to know I'm not crazy
Ben Ratterree
Blue Ridge Cabinetworks
Spartanburg, SC
http://www.blueridgecabs.com