equalizing spaces in the partition editor

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Postby Michael Yeargain » Tue, Sep 18 2007, 8:36PM

I agree with Dan here,

Try a wired keyboard. This could be the problem. Sometimes if my receiver is not properly angled (or I'm holding my mouth the wrong way) :lol: the mouse wont work. Or it is sporadic and may work. Sometimes it is just like a cell phone and will work when it is cloudy... :roll:
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650

Jon Reichert

Postby Jon Reichert » Mon, Sep 24 2007, 1:04PM

A new keyboard? Aw heck why not. I'll give it a shot since nothing else seems to work. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again for the advice.

Jon Reichert

Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re:

Postby Al Navas » Fri, Oct 12 2007, 9:26PM

Jon Reichert wrote:A new keyboard? Aw heck why not. I'll give it a shot since nothing else seems to work. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again for the advice.

Jon Reichert
Jon,

Has anything changed? Or are you still experiencing this problem?

I am sorry if I missed the conclusion to this issue.

Al
http://blog.sandal-woods.com

Jon Reichert

Postby Jon Reichert » Sun, Oct 14 2007, 12:18AM

Al

Actually yes. I still can't get multiple areas to be selected for equalizing space between partitions and shelves. Got a wired keyboard too - no change though - still can't select those multiple areas. Just got frustrated fiddling with it so much and went to good ole math on a calculator. Then I adjusted the shelves manually. NOT a fun work around but it got me through. Any other suggestions? I haven't used the program much. I initially noticed the problem when i installed the build 4 i think. Now we are at build 5 and for some reason I am showing that I am using build 3 still. Like I said, I haven't used ecabs much and don't have a lot of data saved (like materials and costs and labor data). I am thinking of wiping the program and reinstalling from my original disk. Don't know what that will do though. Can i upgrade to build 5 from 2? If anybody has any other thoughts I'm all ears. thanks. Jon Reichert

DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Postby DanEpps » Sun, Oct 14 2007, 6:20AM

You can upgrade to build 5 from build 2. Make sure you download and save the upgrade to your PC before running it.

If you try to run it without saving it to the local disk drive it appears to work but really does not.

Jon Reichert

Postby Jon Reichert » Mon, Oct 15 2007, 3:27PM

Hey guys - just wanted to thank everybody for trying to help me out with this problem i had. After trying a new keyboard and messing with a number of other things, I finally just reinstalled ecabs again. It works fine now - what a relief! Can't figure out why those problems developed but anyway now it works fine. Now all i have to do is set it up again - not so bad considering I didn't have so much stored data to begin with.

Jon Reichert

Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Postby Michael Yeargain » Mon, Oct 15 2007, 8:08PM

Jon,

I would like to recomend doing a backup of your data when you set up everything. As you add cabinets to your library back that up also.

Go to \"File>Backup My Files\" The default should be fine unless you want to change the locations.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”