Off subject: wild turkeys

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

OK Dan, now you have peaked my curiosity that I must post a reply:
How many turkeys can you kill in NC legally? How long is the season, etc. Up here in the eastern flyover country, our turkeys are just now slowly coming back but where I am we have such an overpopulation of coyotes and other predators that you can sit for days calling and in camo and never see a turkey. And you have them by the dozens in your back yard! Looking for visitors with shotguns?

You better keep feeding them though because when the next group of politicians get into office you might need to eat them to survive!
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

No idea how many you can kill in NC but here in GA you can take three gobblers between mid-March and mid-May...no fall season :(

The turkeys, deer and feral hogs are real pests here. The continually tear up everyone's gardens making it very difficult to raise vegetables.

The turkeys and deer aren't even afraid of people around my house any more. You can walk through a field full of them and they just ignore you. The turkeys will sometimes follow you around, especially if you head toward the cattle feed trough.
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Can't explain why I typed NC instead of GA because I knew better. Too early to be Alzheimers - Guess it was a brain fart!
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Rob Davis wrote:Can't explain why I typed NC instead of GA because I knew better. Too early to be Alzheimers - Guess it was a brain fart!
Probably a result of sitting for days in camo waiting for a turkey to wander by :lol:
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hey dan, tried to post a couple elk hunt pics, but I guess they were to large, can I resize the pics without any software other than the zoombrowser that came with my camera?
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Michael S Murray wrote:Hey dan, tried to post a couple elk hunt pics, but I guess they were to large, can I resize the pics without any software other than the zoombrowser that came with my camera?
You should be able to resize them with any graphics program. If you can't, email them to me and I will resize them for you.
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Okay, I just had to add these pictures I took a couple of minutes ago.

These are a pair of gobblers that just walked through my front yard. I thought they were going to come up on the porch and ring the bell. :lol:

Mike Murray has to visit the Artic circle to hunt elk but here everything just comes up to the door. :lol:
Attachments
DSC01403.JPG
DSC01403.JPG (576.52 KiB) Viewed 8298 times
DSC01405.JPG
DSC01405.JPG (575.09 KiB) Viewed 8298 times