HSF edit woman

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jon Forsgren

HSF edit woman

Postby Jon Forsgren » Wed, Oct 10 2007, 2:06PM

A number of months ago I asked about humans for display. Someone kindly posted an HSF of a standing woman. I am trying to modify it so the arm is upraised as if opening an upper. Needless to say, while using the editor I get arms sticking out ears, detached hands, etc. I can't seem to get a grasp on where povit points and such are located for rotating. Any idiot proof (and free) tools to modify these things? Also want to make one seated. And others in normal poses for kitchen work.

Thanks, Jon

Todd Miller

Postby Todd Miller » Thu, Oct 11 2007, 7:40AM

Jon,
There are no rotating features within the part editor at this time. You will want to take this geometry into autocad, mastercam, or any other cad software to edit the file.

Jon Forsgren

Postby Jon Forsgren » Thu, Oct 11 2007, 9:10AM

Thanks for the reply. I can rotate separate parts. Even with \"normal\" HSFs I get kerfunkled on where in space the parts \"rotate\" around. Pck a part, choose rotate part, move mouse, part swings around based on some point. Where is the point in relationship to anything?

(My brain hurts), Jon

This is in Display Part Editor

Todd Miller

Postby Todd Miller » Thu, Oct 11 2007, 9:18AM

Jon,
The rotation axis is the center of the part. You will have to rotate the part, then re-align using the align function.

Jon Forsgren

Postby Jon Forsgren » Thu, Oct 11 2007, 9:28AM

We seem to be talking about different editors. :) I am in Display Part Editor. Little by little I am getting it. I also see that there are duplicate operations in the \"Operator\" drop down list. The second set of \"operators\" don't work. Glich? Or old man delusions? :oops:

Jon

Todd Miller

Postby Todd Miller » Thu, Oct 11 2007, 9:38AM

John,
I would do all of this in the cabinet editor. Try loading you part or parts into the cabinet editor. Then manipulate them. You can rotate and align your parts within this area.

Jon Forsgren

Postby Jon Forsgren » Thu, Oct 11 2007, 9:52AM

the HSF is of a standing woman made of many parts. Separate parts for upper arm, lower arm, hand, etc. I know that the display editor is not designed as a full bang on 3d editor. I am able to manipulate the seprate parts using trial and error rotate and move commands. Just can't figure out what \"rotate\" rotates around.

No complaints about the software or anything. I know I am trying to do stuff that is more complex than the editor is designed for.

(Still poking), Jon
Attachments
women_standing15_237.hsf
(Thanks to the origonal poster of this file)
(140.15 KiB) Downloaded 315 times

Todd Miller

Postby Todd Miller » Thu, Oct 11 2007, 10:03AM

John,
\"Rotate\" rotates around the center of the assembly. What ever it may be. I would recommend using a different software to manipulate this. For one, you cannot join any of the entities and move them as 1 piece. Try bringing them into the cabinet editor piece by piece and create an assembly. This will make everything easier to manipulate.

Jon Forsgren

Postby Jon Forsgren » Thu, Oct 11 2007, 11:07AM

Did it in display. Not the best, but at least I can show client that lift up doors on uppers probably won't work if you are short.

Thanks for all the help

Jon
Attachments
raised sample.jpg
raised sample.jpg (95.7 KiB) Viewed 8360 times

David Norton
Guru Member
Company Name: Custom Trim and Millwork

Postby David Norton » Sun, Oct 14 2007, 3:14PM

This is the reason I have been working with 3ds Max & Poser for the last 18
months. Problem is I can't import to e-cabs so that the models look real, instead of a polygon sketch.

I would like to be able to import life-like human models into my presentations. So that just like Jon I can show the client any limitations.
Dave Norton

Paul Huff

Postby Paul Huff » Wed, Oct 24 2007, 12:39AM

David maybe you could find another program to add your model to your eCabinet rendering. I would think that 3D Max or Poser could do this. But I have never used these programs so I am not really sure.

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Postby Kerry Fullington » Wed, Oct 24 2007, 6:32AM

David,
Look at this thread It will explain the problem you are having. To improve performance they lowered the tessellation factor (like I know what this means) and this is causing imported display objects to display with facets instead of smooth. Until they correct this the rendered views will be less than acceptable.

Kerry

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”