Profile Modeler

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Ian Smith

Profile Modeler

Post by Ian Smith »

Hi All

I have created a TWD file on shape manager then taken to profile modeler and run a sample - works fine but when trying to fine tune it I cannot figure out how to create more than one region the profile is 750mm wide but only the outer 30mm needs work - can anyone point me in the right direction
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Ian,

When you put a profile on a panel in Ecabinets it creates one region for that profile. If you are using just one tool in Ecabinets to create a specific profile, you will only have 1 region. If you use 2 tools in Ecabinets to make a specific profile, you will have 2 regions. There is no way to break a region created with a single tool into smaller regions for machining purposes. I hope this helps.
Ian Smith

Profile Modeler

Post by Ian Smith »

Going to try
Thanks
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Ian I think you need a beer
Ian Smith

Profile Modeler

Post by Ian Smith »

Hi Nick I thought if I tried 6 beers it would work even better - but I can't remember the result

Seriously Daniel - Thanks it worked a treat :lol:
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Ian I am sure you had more than 6 when the Bokke won the World Cup last night!!!
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Nick M Singer wrote:Ian I am sure you had more than 6 when the Bokke won the World Cup last night!!!
Can you believe that South Africa beat England??? Oh wait, I guess you CAN believe it. :joker:
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

I am not a rugby watching fan myself but the whole country is in a state of disbelief Dan
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Neither am I but I saw the results and couldn't believe it...15-6 South Africa over England.

Wasn't it the English that invented rugby in the first place? I guess that's the reason that American football doesn't have a \"world cup\" and baseball's world series isn't really the entire world, just North America...we just don't want to be embarassed at our own games. :wink: