Oak Library

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Oak Library

Post by Peter Walsh »

I am a new user of eCabinet and this is the first job I did entirely on eCab. E-mailed the quotation and rendering jpg I created in eCab, and had an order 20 minutes later by return e-mail. Amazing.

Did scare out some bugs in the program I hope to see fixed in future versions. To lay up the cabinets in the room layout, I created vertical assemblies for each section, stacking the cabinets designed for the job and adding the pilasters and trim. Easier than putting 17 or 18 cabinets separately. I discovered when I attempted to nest that the program wouldn't number the cabinets because they are in assemblies. That's a bug and they now know about it. Makes it a little cranky to sort out the parts after cutting but most cabs are the same per assy so not too much of a hassle.

The Sconces I created in MacroMedia Fireworks along with the titles.

Sure wish eCab had lots more \"stl\" furniture images. Anyone know where I can get more 3d images to add to the repetoire?
Peter Walsh
Attachments
Cowle Library.jpg
Cowle Library.jpg (385.2 KiB) Viewed 9123 times
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

Peter, have you looked in the Customer 3D Files section of this forum? LOTS of neat stuff there.
As for the numbering of assemblies, they are numbered, just slightly differently. If you have 2 cabinets and 2 assemblies in a room, with each assembly comprised of 2 cabinets, then on the cutlist and nest diagram the standard cabinets will be numbered 1 and 2, and the assemblies will be Assembly 1 Cabinet 1 (A1C1), Assembly 1 Cabinet 2 (A1C2), and so forth (A2C1 and A2C2). I've not yet had a problem with assemblies not being numbered this way. The only place that assemblies don't show numbers is in the Line Drawing Editor... hopefully they will in the next version!

And that's a great looking rendering!
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Jeremy,
Thanks for the reply. The numbering problem was in the drawing editor. I neglected to mention that. I wanted the numbers to appear in a face view of the whole library but of course, it wouldn't do that for me as I wrote.
The printouts of the nesting drawings do list parts by individual numbers as you say and that will suffice for now.
I definitely will check out the 3D section. I haven't been out there in a few months. Thanks
Peter
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

Peter, I'm sure you already know this, but just in case! In the Line Drawing Editor you can \"manually number\" the assemblies by clicking the text-entry button on the toolbar and type the numbers in, and use the arrows to point to the cabinets if need be. I do this for assemblies a lot. Like I said, I'm sure you're aware of this, but just in case...
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Jeremy,
I did know that, and use the text feature a lot to identify my drawings by job along with the most important item..........the date. Don't know anyone who doesn't produce more than one drawing for a cab as changes occur. Without a date it is easy to use an old one by mistake. Sure wish the software would date them automatically though.
I found another \"as yet to be completed\" item. When you want to attach face frames using a dado rather than butt attachment (basically the Sommerfield CMT Tongue & groove system for cab assy.... http://sommerfeldtools.com/products.asp?ID=8 ) the software presently does NOT provide for displaying the dado in the face frame nor does it increase the size of the cab side to accomodate a tenon. Apparently this is still in development. It would be nice to have a list of the items you can call from feature icons that do not yet work. It would save some time and troubleshooting.
Peter
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Finshed Library

Post by Peter Walsh »

I finally got around to posting the finished library. Tricky to photograph since the customer wanted a very dark stain, but here it is.
Peter
Attachments
Finshed Oak Library with ladder
Finshed Oak Library with ladder
Finished Library.jpg (464.49 KiB) Viewed 8690 times
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

The finished Goods......

Post by Peter Walsh »

Here is a pix of the finished library with all the books and artiufacts placed on the shelves. Makes quite a difference. Well, that finishes this project. On to the next.
Peter Walsh
Attachments
Finished Library3.jpg
Finished Library3.jpg (119.52 KiB) Viewed 8587 times
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Very nice work Peter. That's something to be proud of.It's always fun to see the finished product.
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Thanks Brian,
It turned out nicely, the client is happy, and I got paid. That's three good things in a row. Nice when that happens. I start cutting for the next one (in cherry) Monday.
Peter