3.jpg (121.6 KiB) Viewed 9077 times
Overhead of Kitchen
Overhead of Kitchen
013.jpg (134.81 KiB) Viewed 9077 times
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

Tom, that's truly a \"great\" room! Those are superb presentations. Tons of attention to detail, even a ceiling. Now all we can hope is that you're getting paid what it's worth... :wink:
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Tom C Hampton

Post by Tom C Hampton »

This was my first project with v4. I wanted to see what was possible and how difficult adding architectural features was.....and to stretch the limits of the ray-tracing and rendering features a little.

Without \"up lighting\" eCabs doesn't do the ceiling justice. Its a tin-ceiling, but without an actual STL of the tile, and up lights to hilight the texture...you can barely see it. Nevertheless, it gives a sense of the feel.

eCabs also won't let you \"look up\" in for presentations. So, after creating the trusses, the only way to really \"see\" them was to look down on them from the \"attic\", as in this jpg. It did help work out what the sunlight was going to look like through different parts of the day, though.

All in all, after the initial learning curve for aligning things in the assembly editor (a little awkward, at first), and cutting parts in the part-editor, it only took a couple hours to add the various ceiling panels, truss assemblies, and lighting effects to get the \"presentation\" part...above and beyond designing cabinets.

-tch
Attachments
Exposed trusswork below skylights.
Exposed trusswork below skylights.
trusses04.jpg (165.98 KiB) Viewed 9052 times
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

Yeah, it would be handy indeed to be able to look \"up\". Oftentimes I'd like to show someone the underside of an upper cabinet or something similar, and the best that can be done is an oblique view. I wonder if we can add that to the wish-list...
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Jeff Norris
Guru Member

Post by Jeff Norris »

one of my main products is cofferd ceilings, so i consider this a big limitation of ecabinets.
Dan Craig

Post by Dan Craig »

really nice looking presentation - well done!