exporting 3d cabinets

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Robert Glenn

exporting 3d cabinets

Post by Robert Glenn »

I just finished a simple book case for a customer and he has requested a 3d model of it to place in a 3d model he has of his office. Any ideas on how to do this and what the file format might be?

rob
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Robert,

I doubt that you can oblige your customer. Your cabinet will be in Hoops Streaming Format (.hsf) and I don't know how you will convert it to something your customer can use.

Kerry
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Is he requesting a file or a cardboard 3D model?

If he wants a cardboard model you could print the bookcase from all sides (top, bottom, left, right, front, back), making sure it is small enough for the existing office model. Then, using index card stock, construct a \"box\" to glue the images onto.
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Re:

Post by Mike Seisser »

DanEpps wrote:Is he requesting a file or a cardboard 3D model?

If he wants a cardboard model you could print the bookcase from all sides (top, bottom, left, right, front, back), making sure it is small enough for the existing office model. Then, using index card stock, construct a "box" to glue the images onto.
After he's done building the model, he could send it to Kerry to woodgrain it and then Kerry can send it to you for the gilding and other finishing touches. :wink:
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.