Ecabinets 5.2

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Glenn Van Reason
Guru Member
Company Name: TBA
Location: ORANGE NSW AUSTRALIA every now and then between trips lol

Post by Glenn Van Reason »

Yes we do have jets here, they don't allow Thermwood routers as carry on luggage though !!
This message made from recycled electrons.
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Post by Thom Davies »

im in the south island but im sure in 45 hours u could get around nz in that time! @ least 1 and a half times maybe!
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Albany to Sydney is a fair way. I was hoping Doug would come down here and do the training but but he doesn't want to be away from home cooked meals.
Doug's found some rooms at the local YMCA for me to stay at so he's turning on for me.
I'll fly from Perth to Sydney as driving 4 days isn't fantastic in the middle of summer and with petrol prices at $1.40 per litre. (4 litres equals a US Gal) and 1.80 in the middle of know where, it wouldn't be cheap.
Hopefully the training sessions will be a regular thing in each of the States as that seems a good way to fast track growth.

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Yeah, but you could stop along the way and dig up a few opals to pay for fuel. :lol:
Glenn Van Reason
Guru Member
Company Name: TBA
Location: ORANGE NSW AUSTRALIA every now and then between trips lol

Post by Glenn Van Reason »

Only if you go the long way Dan, the Ridge is a bit north of the route lol
This message made from recycled electrons.
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

I'm booked into a training session in Perth on December 3rd and 4th with Ecabinets so that should help fast track me.

Now the 5.2 is in Beta stage, is there a final list of what made the release? I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in what the programmers have been slaving away on? I guess its pushing the friendship for a list of items that missed out getting into 5.2 but will roll into the next release? I had to ask.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday break. Nose down, bum up in the southern hemisphere.

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

It's not actually in beta yet Neville and I think Jason said they were shooting for testing to begin toward the end of the year.
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Post by Georgi Baltov »

So I hear that the new version 5.2 will have major improvements in the cutom layout editor. It is supposed to be very simillar to 2020. I know that you haven't even started beta testing yet but still you could release some information about the new features and improvements that the software will include in the new release. At least keep the suspense running. Peronally I wanted more improvements in standart cabinet choice and more flexibility there as there are more types of cabinets that could be included.

Anyways let us know what issues you addressed in the new version. Thanks
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Georgi

The flexibility and choice is there...all you have to do is create a library of seed cabinets that meet YOUR needs and use them instead of the standard cabinets included with the software. The standard cabinets exist primarily so you can customize them to create your own library.
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

The main improvement for 5.2 is combining the Wall Editor and Detail Room areas. This will eliminate the need to bounce back and forth between editors to design a room. A side control has been incorporated for making adjustments more readily available. Our goal to to simplify the room designing process.
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Post by Georgi Baltov »

Dan believe me there's still a lot that Thermwood could improve in the program. They have knowledge of the other design competitors and they could improve eCabinets the same way they took know-how from 2020. I think that the main thing for us would be to be able to recognize cabinet lines in Part Editor so you could snap at any point there. They need to include more cad commands and option in there the same way they are doing it in the Layout Editor. Then if you have curves and angles in the cabiners doors would not apply to them properly. There's always way to do it but it takes time and lots of effort. Thermwood is famous with it's userfriendly software and machines and in that directin there's lots to be made in eCabinets.