Profile Modeler

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Ian Smith

Profile Modeler

Post by Ian Smith »

Although I have sent this poser to Justin I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to run a component which has one side curved in Profile Modeler. We have tried what we think is every combination with the same result that as soon as we try to apply a tool to a board which has one side curved the controller freezes

We are trying to run a fairly simple mirror frame and have even tried to apply one of the standard tools - same result
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Ian,

I thought my controller was frozen on this. I finally let it sit for a LONG time(30minutes+) and it did work. Hope this helps.

Brian
Attachments
102_0649.JPG
102_0649.JPG (629.44 KiB) Viewed 6692 times
Ian Smith

Profile Modeler

Post by Ian Smith »

Thanks Brian
I will give it a try today
Ian Smith

Profile Modeler

Post by Ian Smith »

Brian we left the machine running for 1hour plus with no result - thanks for the suggestion though

The moulding I am trying to run is not disimilar to yours but the fact that it is happy to accept the profile applied to a square frame suggests that there is a programming problem

Hopefully the tech team comes up with something
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Ian
I am still working with the programmers on this file. I will get in contact with you as soon as I speak with them this morning.
Justin Melhiser

Ian
I tried to contact you a little bit ago. I think I have what you are looking for. I had to make a few adjustments but I got the profile to sweep along the part.
Attachments
panel.JPG
panel.JPG (40.41 KiB) Viewed 6622 times
Ian Smith

Profile Modeler

Post by Ian Smith »

Justin
Could you let me have a copy of what you have - I would really like to try it on our controller
Justin Melhiser

Ian

I will send you an email with all the steps to recreate this part.
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Justin we are going nowhere with this. We are not sure if you actually put this into the controller. All we can say for sure is : 1) we get a lot of error messages when applying our tool to the contour. 2) Most errors occur when there is an arc involved. 3) We can after much fiddling create a square panel with our profile along the edges. 4) the part will not display in the Profile modeler if there is an arc, it freezes the system. 5) We are getting into trouble with our client , Could we have the TWD file you generated?
Pete Riddle

Post by Pete Riddle »

Nick, Ian,

Can you post the hsf for the part you have created. This might go a little smoother if we are working with the same part.

If you would prefer, you can email it to me at program@thermwood.com

I'll get on it ASAP.

Thanks,
Pete Riddle

Re: Profile Modeler

Post by Pete Riddle »

Let me know how the file I sent you runs. It nests fine here, so I don't anticipate any problems.

Thanks,