Texture/color match for moldings

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mike Farrington

Texture/color match for moldings

Post by Mike Farrington »

Is it possible to match the texture or color of molding to that of the cabinets. I am designing a set of white cabinets, and I dont know how to create white moldings. Currently, I am using the conestoga or hafele profiles. Is there other molding libraries I can download, do I need to create my own moldings, etc. I am open to any ideas.

Thanks
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Double-click the cabinet to select it, then single-click all molding parts that you want to change the color on. Right-click and choose \"Match Texture\" then click on a part of the cabinet that has the color you want for the moldings.
Todd Miller

Re: Texture/color match for moldings

Post by Todd Miller »

Mike Farrington wrote:Is it possible to match the texture or color of molding to that of the cabinets. I am designing a set of white cabinets, and I dont know how to create white moldings. Currently, I am using the conestoga or hafele profiles. Is there other molding libraries I can download, do I need to create my own moldings, etc. I am open to any ideas.

Thanks
Yes you can match texture.
1st - Make sure you are in the "Main" area.
2nd - Single click the molding you want to change.
3rd - right-click and select "match texture"
4th - single click any part of the cabinet that has the desired texture.
The selected part should update with the new texture.
Continue steps 1-4 for remaining moldings pieces.

You can create your own moldings using the "shape manager" and the "part editor". You would need to create a tool using the profile geometry created in the shape manager or import a DXF file. Then create a display panel and take that into the "Part Editor" and apply the profile geometry along one side of that part. If you need further assistance give us a call!
Mike Farrington

Post by Mike Farrington »

Thanks guys, worked like a charm.