Tool setting

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

SachinGote

Tool setting

Postby SachinGote » Wed, Dec 19 2007, 4:03AM

:?: Could you please guide me about how to assign 18 tool holders in new machine (M67-105) in tool managment setting. Also how to call the particular required tool in operation cycle. Is it by T1, T2... like this way?

This machine using only for trimming purpose with programming by teaching method.

Kindly help me to sort out the problem.

Regards,

Sachin Gote
Wonderpack Industries P. Ltd
India
Sachin Gote
Wonderpack Industires Pvt. Ltd
Nasik, India.

Pete Riddle

Re: Tool setting

Postby Pete Riddle » Wed, Dec 19 2007, 10:19AM

sachingote wrote::?: Could you please guide me about how to assign 18 tool holders in new machine (M67-105) in tool managment setting. Also how to call the particular required tool in operation cycle. Is it by T1, T2... like this way?

This machine using only for trimming purpose with programming by teaching method.

Kindly help me to sort out the problem.

Regards,

Sachin Gote
Wonderpack Industries P. Ltd
India
Sachin,

Looking at your Toolman file it appears the you only have a 4 position tool changer. If you are wanting to create more tool numbers, to be run out of those same 4 positions, you can mirror the settings of positions 1 thru 4 and use them for tools 5 thru 8 and so on, until you have the 18 tools set up that you want. You can find more information on this in the Tool Management section of your Supercontrol manual.

As far as calling tools, that will depend on your software version, but the current method for calling a tool for a programmable speed spindle is as follows;

S18000 (spindle speed)
T1 M3 (tool call and spindle start code)

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Re: Tool setting

Postby Will Williamson » Fri, Dec 21 2007, 10:30AM

Once you have your tool entered 1 through 18 Then go back and organize them for a particular porpose in groups of 4 and assign to a GROUP because you will want to change them in groups of 4 In my case GROUP 1 are my NESTED BASE CABINET TOOLS and they are numbers 101, 102 ,103 , 104 and GROUP 2 are my carving tools numbered 201.202,203, 204 this way you can write code and measure them by the group I don,t know if this is what you are requesting or not ,but this is how I handle my tool since I also only have a 4 position bar .
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram

Return to “Thermwood 3-Axis Machinery”