Cabinet resizing

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

David Kopriva

Cabinet resizing

Post by David Kopriva »

Hi All
Trying to resize a cabinet in elevation mode. Won't allow me to do it. Any Suggestions? Need to resize a cabinet to but up to an another one beside the one just placed. :wall:
Justin Melhiser

Re: Cabinet resizing

Post by Justin Melhiser »

David
You can only resize the cabinet when you select the cabinet to be added to the room. Once it is placed int he room you can not change the size of the cabinet. If you have two cabinets with a space in between them that is smaller than the cabinet you selected to place there, then eCabinets Systems will adjust the size down.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Justin,

In detail room/overhead view you can select any single cabinet then right click, mouse over Adjust Cabinet Features and choose Re-size/Equalize and a dialogue box will open to re-size the cabinet.

David,

This feature is not available in an elevation view. you will have to go to the overhead view. This feature will also not work for assemblies.

Kerry
David Kopriva

Post by David Kopriva »

Kerry
My cabinet is a lower cabinet. I tried to hide the upper so I could select my lowers to do this but the program does not allow me to hide the uppers. the dialogue box to hide cabinet is faded and does not allow me to access this function. Can you give me more directions?
Kerry Fullington wrote:Justin,

In detail room/overhead view you can select any single cabinet then right click, mouse over Adjust Cabinet Features and choose Re-size/Equalize and a dialogue box will open to re-size the cabinet.

David,

This feature is not available in an elevation view. you will have to go to the overhead view. This feature will also not work for assemblies.

Kerry
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

David,

You can highlight the cabinet in the elevation view then right click and choose Show Overhead.
The cabinet will remain selected in the overhead view and you can then right click and mouse over Adjust Cabinet Features and choose Re-size equalize.

You can also use the Page up and Page down keys on the keyboard to tip the room in Detail room sometimes allowing you to select lower cabinet.

As a last resort you can select the upper cabinet that is blocking the view, highlight it and set the move increment for objects at something like 60" and use the shift key and an arrow key on your keyboard to move the cabinet out of the way then use the opposite arrow key to move it back into place. (you may have to set your Insert Item Method in the right click menu to Free Style to be able to move the cabinet back into place.)

One of these methods should get you there.
Kerry
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

The resizing option only works in this case when the room is in the plan view.

To choose a base cabinet that is obstructed by the upper cabinet
1. Select both cabinets by drawing a rectangle through both cabinets
2. then double-click on the upper cabinet to unselect it. The base cabinet should still show up with the green mesh representing that it is selected.
3. as Justin indicated, choose "Adjust Cabinet Features" from the right-click menu and proceed to "Resize/Equalize" option.
4. enter your desired change.

Note if you are adjusting the height of the cabinet, you have options to change the height in "Both" directions and/or on the bottom or top. If you choose incorrectly, you will drive the base cabinet trhough the floor. That can be corrected with the "Move Increment" methods, while in the elevation view.

5. click on the OK button to incorporate the changes in the cabinet.

As mentioned in one of the previous comments, you can make these changes on the fly as you insert cabinets (that is if you are aware of the need). Also, it is often faster to delete the cabinet and then re-install it with the changed dimensions.
David Kopriva

Post by David Kopriva »

Kerry
This method works well. Thanks. But I still don't know why the hide function for full cabinet doesn't work.
:beer:
David Kopriva

Post by David Kopriva »

Dennis
I meant your method when I said Kerry. No offense Kerry.
:beer: