Placing wall cabinets on wall backwards....

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

markvan

Placing wall cabinets on wall backwards....

Post by markvan »

Not sure what happened here...

I was working in ecabinets and noticed that for some reason the program had started placing the cabinets on the wall backwards. At first I thought they were just missing doors, but they are there, as well as the shelves and shelf holes (but not visible because of the back). I only realized that the cabinets are backwards when I noticed the crown moulding tight against the wall.

Just thought I'd post a note so perhaps someone can figure out what is going on here, and what is causing it.

Attached is a screenshot as well as the file for this kitchen design in progress.
Attachments
backwards cabinets.esj
(3.26 MiB) Downloaded 292 times
backwards1.jpg
backwards1.jpg (72.4 KiB) Viewed 5898 times
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Placing wall cabinets on wall backwards....

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Mark

The eCab guys probably need to look at this. The same thing happens when I try to place cabinet to that wall. The other walls work properly.

Kerry
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Take the wall and reverse the build direction and then switch it back and everything works ok.
Attachments
build direction.jpg
build direction.jpg (50.02 KiB) Viewed 5825 times
Damon Nabors
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Damon,
I had tried that and just tried again to double check and it still doesn't work for me. I can pull the cabinet outline through the back of the wall and it will position correctly but if I move the cursor it flips again.
If I go to Detail room and (without playing with the build direction of the wall) remove all his cabinets and then try to place a cabinet then cabinets place properly
Kerry
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Kerry, I saved the 3 upper cabinets, deleted them, then switched build direction on that wall and the left wall, switched the walls back and then replaced the cabinets. They also placed correctly in elevation view. :?:
Damon Nabors
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

OK,
I wasn't removing all three reversed cabinet and when I try to place the center cabinet it is snapping to the back of the cabinet which reverses it.
Just remove all three backward cabinets and replace the using align to back. You don't even have to reverse the build direction of the wall.

My guess is that one of the cabinets got placed backward by accident and then the others are snapping to the back of that cabinet.

Kerry
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

I was just fixin (thats southern talk for you that don't know) to say that, I went back and tried it again without reverse and it still worked.
Damon Nabors
markvan

Post by markvan »

Thanks guys,

I am not sure how that first cabinet got placed backwards, but your right Kerry, once one cabinet is backwards, every thing else after going to snap to it, and that is probably what happened. I don't think it was something I did, but you never know. Anyway if it is a bug in the program I thought I should let someone know about it, If it's me then there is nothing to worry about.... Thanks for the great support guys.