Nesting update?

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Terry Davis
Company Name: Penn Laminates

Nesting update?

Post by Terry Davis »

Was the control nesting update released on Tuesday the update that was supposed to fix our Arc teach on our handheld (shift +7) or is there another update coming out because this one had no effect on the HHP problem.
Ryan Hochgesang

Re: Nesting update?

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

If you are having an issue Teaching Arcs with HHP, this would not be affected by a Control Nesting update. The Control Nesting updates are specific to the Control Nesting software only. If you are having issues teaching arcs with HHP, please submit the exact steps you are taking to create arc with HHP to program@thermwood.com, Subject: Issues Teaching Arcs with HHP. Also, in email, include machine number and Thermwood software version that you are running on your machine (Select: CTRL. + V in THM user interface to veiw soft. version and machine number). At the moment, there are no known issues with teaching arcs using the HHP, however, we will look into the issue further with the requested information.
Terry Davis

Post by Terry Davis »

Ryan, we spoke in depth about this two weeks ago with Pete Riddle and he said there would be an update coming out to correct the issue, that is why I asked about the nesting update, is there an update being released to correct the HHP issue?
Ryan Hochgesang

Terry,

I did check with Pete on this situation, he filled me in on the details of the issue your experiencing. There is a Thermwood software update being performed to correct this issue and you are on our list to receive this update by mail, as soon as it is complete. This is no way related to Control Nesting. It is likely that it will be a few weeks until you recieve this update. If you have any addition questions about receiving this update, you can contact our Upgrade/Retrofit dept. (1800 221 3865, ask for Machine Retrofit dept.).
Terry Davis

Post by Terry Davis »

Any news on the update? Its been 3 months since our machine has been installed and we still can't use the HHP for what we purchased it for. We have some parts coming in that we want to duplicate and having the capability of the HHP would be great.
Thanks T.
Ryan Hochgesang

Hi Terry,

You will need to unzip and follow the instructions in the word document which I have sent to your email address. Then, send your machine files to: retrofits@thermwood.com and or dan.lopez@thermwood.com in order for us to continue with the update you are needing for you Hand Held Programmer. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our retrofit dept. 1800 221 3865 ext 319 or 251

Thank you!
Terry Davis

Post by Terry Davis »

When I use windows unzip utility to extract all, the Auto Extract document unzips but the machinefilecollector application disappears and when I try to open Auto-extract document I get an error saying " Unable to load graphics conversion filter. Continue with Document conversion?" when I click yes it does nothing.
Terry Davis

Post by Terry Davis »

Disregard the last post we got it to open on a different computer and I am sending the files to Dan Lopez now.