Opening Files

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

John J. Desmond
Company Name: American Millwork Company

Opening Files

Post by John J. Desmond »

I downloaded a tv file that was an .esa file. I can't seem to open it. I saved it in the Import, sample stl's file. It appears with an ecabinets logo but will not open. What am I doing wrong? I tried the woman sitting file also and can't seem to open it. :wall: Help....

John
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Opening Files

Post by Kerry Fullington »

John,

A .esa file is an Assembly file. You must save it in your eCabinets/Assemblies/a directory you create
You can then open this file in the Cabinet/Assembly editor or place it in a room as an assembly.
If you want to create a display object out of this assembly just open it in the Cabinet/Assembly editor
Left click and drag a box around the assembly to select it then right click and choose Export.
Export this to a directory you can find (I created one in the eCabinets directory called exports)
Next you can open this exported file in the Display Part Editor Make any changes to the texture etc. of the parts by right clicking on the individual parts and then save this as a display object (which will put it in your eCabinets/imports directory.
the TV will now be available as a display Object.

Kerry
John J. Desmond
Company Name: American Millwork Company

Re: Opening Files

Post by John J. Desmond »

Kerry,

Thanks for the information. I guess I need to apologize for not searching the posts first. After posting I researched and was able to learn how to do it. Your help and quick response if much appreciated though. Look forward to learning from you and others again.

John D.