Solid Surface cutting with nesting of parts

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Solid Surface cutting with nesting of parts

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hi Everyone
I'm still learning the software but was after a bit of advice. Do you think you could get the software to nest all the parts required for a solid surface top? I'm not quite sure on the best way to go as being very green with the software. I thought maybe create a custom cabinet that is based on the corner cabinet top shelf then add a stretcher under it at the front opening area. The stretcher could be the apron front when it nests the top. The L shape can be adjusted to suit the shape of the bench top. I would also need a modified straight cabinet for joining the L tops.

The bottom surface needs a small rebate to allow the front edge to bed in. That would mean I would have to draw it upside down? This might confuse things but this may be the only way.
If the ends are seen and the back is seen I would have to add a stretcher on the fly?

The underneath supports in MDF could this be like a base cabinet frame with Puzzle joints? That would make quicker assembly.
If someone has already done this it would be great to benefit from your hard work.

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
BenRatt

Re: Solid Surface cutting with nesting of parts

Post by BenRatt »

Neville, if it was me I would create the parts as display panels. You can then edit the display panels as needed in the part editor. When you save the individual parts they will save as assemblies. You can then use the batch cabinet function and load the assemblies and nest them to see how they will fit on the material.
Ben Ratterree
Blue Ridge Cabinetworks
Spartanburg, SC
http://www.blueridgecabs.com