Failed to thicken ?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mark Fese

Failed to thicken ?

Post by Mark Fese »

Lately I have come acrossed this error message (failed to thicken) What the heck does that mean? Today I'm working on a base cabinet that has a 3/4" X 1 1/2" stone inlay at the top, When I bring my left end to the part editor and create the slot all is well yet when I try the right end it comes up with that error failed to thicken reverting back to original Blah,blah,blah. And it gives me the cabinet back without the rt end notch ? To make matters worse I found out through trial and error that if you take that same cabinet to the shelf editor then return to the main that same error message appears and the cabinet now has the notch in the rt end spookey huh. Thanks Mark. Outlaw carpenters 2009
dan fentie

Re: Failed to thicken ?

Post by dan fentie »

you are not alone, I have recently had the same problem
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Mark
Please post this cabinet or email it to me. I will need the stwps as well when you take it to the part editor and the size and location of the notch.
Mark Fese

Post by Mark Fese »

Hi Justin, here are the cabinets that I spoke about, I put them in a room as an assembly the two out side cabs both gave me the error message the rim drawer did not. The notches are there and like I said the notch on the right end of both cabinets showed up when I took them to the shelf editor then back to the main. I figured that it may happen again if you remove the part editor cut for the right end and try to reproduce it, the notch is 3/4" deep X 1 1/2" long. Hope this helps Thank you ,Mark.
Attachments
failed to thicken test.esj
(2.04 MiB) Downloaded 283 times
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

I THINK I found it. It seems to be caused by the blind dado and toe notch running into each other. If I set the Blind dado for the deck to 1.25, it works fine but if I reset it back to 1", upon regeneration, I get the "failed to thicken" error. This was in V5.1. Hope this helps.

Brian
Mark Fese

Post by Mark Fese »

Thanks Brian, I'll check that out and I'm sure that Justin @ Therwood would like to know that also, He has been looking into it also. once again Thank you, Mark
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

One other thing that I noticed that may or may not matter. If you take the right end into Part Editor and attempt to erase the notch, TWO geometric rectangles show up in the notch, one being a little taller. I don't know but this may not help things... On the other hand, I was messing with the left end when I discovered the dado issue. Just a little more to go on...

Brian
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Mark
I sent the file over to the programmers. For now the best way to get around it is like Brian said, go to constuction settings > deck > deck construction parameters > then change the left and right tenon front to 1.001" this will work fine.