First Kitchen on the CNC

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

First Kitchen on the CNC

Post by Damon Nabors »

Finally got some decent pictures. This was the first job we cut on the CNC. Everything was cut on the router minus the doors and moldings. We started this project not knowing what to expect with the CNC. We had a few learning curves for the first time but it turned out pretty much like the rendering. I think it took us 5 hours machine time to cut case goods and dovetail drawer boxes. We even made the island wall on the router. It is two very thin cabinets and the face of the island is puzzle jointed 1/2" plywood with an applied molding.

It seemed like this project dragged on forever. We got all the cabinets made and delivered and then the project got shut down by the bank for a month.Then we got a call to go out and finish. This house is out in the middle of the country with nothing around it, and the bank could not get a good appraisal on the property since there was nothing to comp. it with, within a 3 mile radius.
Attachments
nixon2.JPG
nixon2.JPG (140.56 KiB) Viewed 5971 times
Nixon1.JPG
Nixon1.JPG (150.08 KiB) Viewed 5966 times
NixonJpg1.jpg
NixonJpg1.jpg (115.99 KiB) Viewed 5961 times
Damon Nabors
Gregory Hairston

Re: First Kitchen on the CNC

Post by Gregory Hairston »

looks great Damon. good work. Now you need to cut some parts for me and my next job.

Greg Hairston
Successful people do the things others won't
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: First Kitchen on the CNC

Post by Damon Nabors »

Greg, you know where I am. Give me a call if you need anything.
Damon Nabors