Can't save jpg images

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Randy Federighi

Can't save jpg images

Post by Randy Federighi »

Hello,
Newbie here. I've done fine learning the software and developing a large line of cabinets and angled front assemblys. I love aCabs! I have stumbled though while trying to save jpeg images while in Custom layout or the line drawing editor. When I press the jpeg button(or camera in LD editor) and follow through by saving the image, only a blank screen or the "main menu" screen is saved, never the actual picture. I should mention that if I save the image while in "presentation" mode, it does that just fine. Even if I could export the images to Inkscape or something to edit, I'd be happy. I have the newest eCab version on Vista system. BTW - The images "print" fine(if that matters).
What could I be doing wrong in such a simple procedure of this software?
I have searched these forums and haven't found this exact issue, so forgive me if it's been covered.
I am pulling my hair out and I am a musician who performs live, so I don't really want to pull out that much more. ha.

Thanks!
Randy
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Re: Can't save jpg images

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

I don't know why you can't save in LDE but an easy way around this is to PRINT SCREEN and PASTE to PAINT and then save as a jpeg. Then you can crop or do whatever you want with the pic.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

I would say that is connected to Vista since eCabinets is not Vista compliant. The Vista install procedure is a "hack" to allow eCabinets to run as well as it can on Vista but it doesn't comply to the Vista framework.

Wally's suggestion will get you around the issue until eCabinets is Vista compliant.
Randy Federighi

I can find no "PRINT SCREEN" option anywhere. I've opened everything I can, print, " "preview, " "settings, etc. I had read past posts that mentioned ctrl copy to save image to be pasted elsewhere which also doesn't work. Maybe the PRINT SCREEN option is only on XP? (Rats. Just when I thought I had "upgraded" to a nice computer....!) Nothing allows me to "select" the image on the screen so it can be copied. I can just use the presentation view until eCabs is Vista ready and if I need to convert the line drawings to jpg, I can print them and then scan them back in another program. Or I can go dig out my old XP from the dumpster!

If I find a way around it, I'll post it in case anyone else has this problem.

Thanks for all your help,

Randy
Paul Ellis

Post by Paul Ellis »

Randy,
"Print Screen" is a button on your keyboard (Look at the right hand side on top) If you use Alt together with the print screen button, it captures the window that is 'active' (or has focus). (Hope this still works in Vista)
For your line drawings you can install a free PDF print engine. Install it and it acts as a printer. It creates a file for your printed pages. Some of them allows you to add additional printed pages at the end of an existing "printout"
HTH
Paul Ellis

"If it works, don't fix it"
Randy Federighi

Thank you all so much.

Worked like a charm!
And with all the computer stuff I do from designing my own website to programming computer games, I feel quite foolish to not have known what that button ever did!
Haven't done the pdf thing, but I'm sure that will be fine too.

Thanks again,

Randy