Vanities

Place to discuss only the "Design Sharing" aspects of the eCabinet Systems software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Vanities

Post by Kerry Fullington »

I am currently working on a library of vanities that will include one and two sink cabinets with bump-ins, bump-outs, and various legs feet and corners.

Most of my customers prefer a 34" vanity height so I have been using this as my standard. What are the rest of you using for height? I get a few 36" for master baths and a few 32" for kids baths but the 34" finished height seems to be the most popular.

Kerry
Attachments
vanity_01.jpg
vanity_01.jpg (81.6 KiB) Viewed 14804 times
Perry Pravettone
Company Name: Unemployed Manager

Re: Vanities

Post by Perry Pravettone »

Kerry ours are 31 1/4 with out the top, I'm not sure why my forman is on vacation so I can't ask him.
Perry Pravettone
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

Nice design Kerry, I have been building most of them 34 1/2" for a few years now but still build a few 31 1/2" for the kids. Joe
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Joe,

I am guessing that you are talking box height not finished height. Of course the finished height is subjective also since people are using so many different materials for tops. I have been building 33" tall boxes and allowing 1" for tops on vanities. (Maybe I should go to the 32 1/2" = 1 1'2" that you are using. I get very few calls for a vanity with the 36" finished height.)

The reason this is a problem is that there are so many acceptable vanity heights and no standard it is hard to decide where the median is to build the library. Most of these vanities are assemblies and although they can be re-sized for height and width it means sizing several boxes and parts. (the vanity above consists of four cabinets and eight display parts)Also some of the legs with carvings cannot be used on the shorter cabinets as it gets into the carvings. I may have to use generic legs that can be cut to length.

I am trying to design vanities that many people can use without much trouble.

Kerry
dan fentie

Post by dan fentie »

kerry
we are using mostly 34", sometimes 31" for kids. I would be interested in this library when it is done, it would save me a lot of time, and it looks like we use the same construction techniques. Do you have a library of kimrick parts available? I think i remember you saying something about that.
dan
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Dan,

I am using the Kimrick corners.
Here is a base bump-out with fluted corners.
Kerry
Attachments
kimrick.jpg
kimrick.jpg (202.82 KiB) Viewed 14547 times
dan fentie

Post by dan fentie »

kerry
looks great, how many have you done up? and would you like to sell me your library of them?
dan
Brent Bogardus

Post by Brent Bogardus »

Hey Kerry,
Do you have anything with a radius front for the sink base. I am bidding a job right now and I'm not sure where to start trying to create one. I can see doing a frameless case cabinet easy. The doors, and the false drawer front have me stumped. Thanks for all of the help you have given over the years on the forum.
Thanks Brent Bogardus
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Dan,

I have only done the Tuscan End, the CMR Splice and the fluted and beaded CMR Corners. I also have a similar rope corner. Since I make my own fluted and beaded corner molding I don't show the stopped flutes of the Kimrick Corners. I could never make their stopped flutes work out right to look good, so I quit using them. these corner pieces will be in my vanity library.

Brent,

I have never tried drawing a radius front cabinet. I will have to give it a go.

Kerry