Entertainment Center

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Lamar Horton

Entertainment Center

Post by Lamar Horton »

Here is the latest Entertainment Center. First time for pocket doors.

DaleKern

Re: Entertainment Center

Post by DaleKern »

Lamar,

Nice job, I'm starting a simular project and your pictures will give me some encouragment to forge ahead. What hinges did you use for the bifold pocket doors - specifically the hinges between the bifold doors? Thanks in advance, and again nice work!

Dale
I have no business being in this business...

http://www.dalekern.com
Lamar Horton

Post by Lamar Horton »

Thanks, I used piano hinges to fold the doors and a pocket door kit for them to slide back. I also had to use some blocks (the little blocks at the top of the opening) to keep the doors from buckling inside the cabinet while closed. I also used magnetic push catches to keep them closed. Because of the pulls, regular magnetic catches would have been better.
Bob l Spano

Post by Bob l Spano »

Nice work man. hey, I saw your enterrainment center online & saw the ecab version. By the way, the cabinet looks great. I was wondering, how did you get the curve on the software? I really need to know how to do that. Can you help?

Thanks, bob
Lamar Horton

Post by Lamar Horton »

Which EC was it. I have one with a double arch on top that I took the top rail into the part editor and cut the arches in.
Bob l Spano

Post by Bob l Spano »

Any one that has a arch. I just need to know how to do that. Can you tell me how?

Lamar Horton wrote:Which EC was it. I have one with a double arch on top that I took the top rail into the part editor and cut the arches in.
Lamar Horton

Post by Lamar Horton »

Bob, select the part you want to put the arch on. If it is a display panel, board or object you can take it directly to the Part Editor from either the Cabinet Editor or the Detail Room. If it is a part from a cabinet then you must take the cabinet to Cabinet Editor first, if you are not already there. Once you select the part and have taken it to the Part Editor choose the arc drawing tool to draw the arch. Switch back to the pointer tool then select the arch you have just drawn. It should turn red/orange. Right click then select Cut/Pocket Using Geometric Shapes, then select Cut through and that should do it.

Let me know if that works for you.
Joe Harkin

Re: Entertainment Center w/bifild doors

Post by Joe Harkin »

Lamar the ent. ctr. with the "quad" doors (double-bifold) is something I need to do on my current project. I know I could build it the "old-fashioned" way, but not sure how to "build" it in eCab. How did you do it in eCab? Recent post in this thread refers to the eCab file for this job. Is it posted somewhere?
The problem for me seems to be that eCab only recognizes double doors and I have to put a center stile in the opening to make it take two sets of double doors.... what was your solution?
Great work overall, and great website - showcases your stuff very well.
Joe
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Joe, you can use a partition with a front inset of all but 1/32". You can then place four doors with two partitions. HTH
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Sorry, just one partition and then add double doors. :wink:
Attachments
Std Upper Frameless.hsf
(176.02 KiB) Downloaded 591 times
Lamar Horton

Post by Lamar Horton »

Yes Joe I used a center stile and added double doors. I set a 1/8 or 1/4 inset on the center stile so I could attach it to the door. This made the door gap between the sets of doors equal to the drawer gaps on the lower section.