Post by Al dedenus »

Hey Glenn you know we have to be there to show you how to use ecabs :joker:
Glenn Van Reason
Guru Member
Company Name: TBA
Location: ORANGE NSW AUSTRALIA every now and then between trips lol

Re: New Version download

Post by Glenn Van Reason »

Hey Al, I love you guys having such a big user base with eCabs, it makes it so much easier for me to get other's into the program, I mean if the Kiwi's can master it how easy is it!!!! lol

Seriously though, you guys do seem to have a bigger presence ( and very active as well) at least on the forum. I know Paul and Thom have helped me out a few times. Here's hoping I can get to East Bondi sometime and return the favour.. :joker:
This message made from recycled electrons.
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Post by Thom Davies »

Hey Glenn

THeres 3 of us great kiwi's who use ecab now. ( that i know of!) Just only 2 of us who have thermwood CS40's
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Hmmm very interesting topic.... Looking forward to going to Thermwood Al, you stood me up last night! I would have expected my bags to be packed by now!!
FYI There are over 80 people in NZ who have registered for eCabinets over the years, how many of them are actually using it I dont know but I am going to find a way to find out. I do know there are quite a few people using it, 2 of them are very close to Al, 1 is in Rotorua (Which is still close to Al)
Al, Thom, get the word out for us! We need to get more users here before the buying group starts up :)
Al dedenus
Guru Member
Company Name: Creative Kitchens and Interior

Post by Al dedenus »

Go Kiwis !!
Bob Blaney

Post by Bob Blaney »

Damon Nabors wrote:When you download it, you will have an icon on your desk top. click on it and it will go to the install wizard and install the program. It will ask you if you want to uninstall v5.1, click yes. After you are through, click on your v5.1 on the desktop and it will update and change to v5.2.
The install wizard ran. It did not ask if I want to uninstall V5.1. It ran the install and when I then opened V5.1 it was still V5.1 and did not update and change as you have stated it should.
If I uninstall V5.1 then will the 5.2 will install or is it looking for V5.1?
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

Hi Bob. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. So from what you are saying the update ran successfully, but you are not seeing 5.2. Did you start the application? The icon on the desktop does not change to 5.2 until you run the application the first time.

If this is not your problem, maybe your virus protection software is stopping the update from placing the necessary files. Try this...

1.) Re-run the 5.2 Build 1 update and select the "Remove" option. This will merely remove the update installer files.

2.) Insure you have any anti-virus software applications and/or firewalls disabled. This includes Windows firewall.

3.) Now run the 5.2 Build 1 update again.
Bob Blaney

Post by Bob Blaney »

Larry Epplin wrote:Hi Bob. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. So from what you are saying the update ran successfully, but you are not seeing 5.2. Did you start the application? The icon on the desktop does not change to 5.2 until you run the application the first time.
If this is not your problem, maybe your virus protection software is stopping the update from placing the necessary files. Try this...
1.) Re-run the 5.2 Build 1 update and select the "Remove" option. This will merely remove the update installer files.
2.) Insure you have any anti-virus software applications and/or firewalls disabled. This includes Windows firewall.
3.) Now run the 5.2 Build 1 update again.
Larry,
I had to shut off McAfee (firewall and virus protect) and shut down Spy Sweeper. Then I did #3 and now have V5.2. You may want to post this info for others. I cannot imagine folks running PC's on the Internet without firewall and virus protect. :roll:
Thanks,
Bob Blaney :D