acc_03.jpg
acc_03.jpg (277.36 KiB) Viewed 7879 times

Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Re: How about some accessories?

Postby Michael Yeargain » Mon, May 12 2008, 3:25PM

Remarkable...

I must admit the cabinet design had me from the start. But there is much more here than meets the eye.

Dan said it before "using common parts in uncommon ways". It is so evident in the use of so many nice objects to stage this scene.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Postby Kerry Fullington » Tue, May 13 2008, 6:43PM

Michael,

I notices that Rev-A-Shelf had CAD downloads for all of their products so I am playing with them. This job used several of them so I started there. The only problem with the downloads is that you have to explode them in CAD then save different parts to layers and then convert them to use in eCabinets. It is a time consuming process. I am just doing them as I use the products.
It is nice though, because I can add a cost to them and add that cost as a cut list part when I insert the display object into the job.

Kerry

Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Postby Michael Yeargain » Wed, May 14 2008, 1:49PM

Thanks for the information.

Again KUDOs to you.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650

Joe Harkin

Postby Joe Harkin » Mon, Jul 14 2008, 11:57AM

Kerry- BIG kudos to you on the Alver kitchen work, and the one here where you are "experimenting" with Rev-A-Shelf add-ins and accessories. You've obviously got the 'process' of converting CAD files to objects usable in eCab down. I'm sure the process is quite tedious and time consuming (though knowing what to do in the first place helps an awful lot !)
I wonder if these conversions, especially of things available thru the co-op, couldnt be done by Thermwood, or maybe they could work us up a semi-automated process to use in doing it ? Then lots more of us could more easily use them to "jazz up" our designs and presentations.
I'm still a very newbee and it's difficult enough to get moderately proficient with the basics of the program, much less the nuances that you've mastered. I keep grinding away because I realize how valuable the design freedom is ( and because, like most I suspect, I'm a techie at heart). People buy this stuff that we make because they like what they see. That's why they will buy a car for $20, $30 $40,000 or more straight out of a showroom, maybe without even driving it more than ten minutes.
I suspect that many users, like me, are 1-man-bands with no showroom, just photos of previous work. Showing a client a photo-real representation of what their project will look like can often make the difference and seal the deal.
I know the Thermwood folks must concentrate primarily on the design functionality and Cam-interface aspects of eCab, but the easier it is for us to present attractive, feature-rich designs to clients the more of them we'll sell, and the more money everybody will make

Return to “Customer Images”