Backwards Walls

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Rob Perry

Backwards Walls

Post by Rob Perry »

I just noticed something strange.
I was starting a new project. Drew 4 walls to make up the room. When I go to Cut a opening in the wall I notice the Cut wall opening editor is backwards in relation to the build direction. It is like you are working from the ouside of the room. If I select the wall elevation it all looks good until you take the wall to Line drawing editor. Now it backwards again. The cabinets do not show & are on the back of the wall.. Is this a bug?
Rob
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Re: Backwards Walls

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Can you post the job file Rob.
Rob Perry

Post by Rob Perry »

Here is the job file. So far its only 4 walls with some cutouts, window & Door. I've placed 1 cabinet that shows on the back side of wall if you take the elevation to Line drawing editor. The edit wall elevation is backwards as well.
Attachments
Kitchen Reno.esj
(494.02 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
Rob
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member

Post by Rick Palechuk »

I think what it might be is that you did your wall layout counterclockwise instead of clockwise.
Greg Smith
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Greg Smith »

I have had this happen to me. It was a wall that was added after the fact and was built counter clockwise, but was set to build in reverse direction. So the skin was on the proper side. But when I changed the wall height to have a slope in the wall editor, it was backward in the room. Like it was cut from the other side.
Intel Core i5 3.47GHz, 8 gig RAM, Quadro FX 1800, Win 7 x64
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Rob
Everything looks normal to me. I looked over all the walls and openings, they look good. It even looks correct in the LDE. Do you have any screen shots you can email me?
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Justin, if you take wall 4 into wall view edit and shorten one end and then render you will see what he means. :wink:
Justin Melhiser

Thanks Rick, I see what he is talking about. I will get this to the programmers to look over. I will let you know what I find out from them.
Justin Melhiser

Rob
It looks like the way these walls were created would place the face of each wall to the outside of the room. The face of the wall is what you see when you are in elevation view. So when you click on the wall and reversed the build of the wall, there might have been a glitch with that. The programmers are aware of this. To fix this on this wall you can delete it and start at the bottom wall and finish at the upper wall. This will place the face of the wall to the inside of the room. If you could I would like to have the exact steps to create this room. You can either email them to me or post it on here. Thank You