Home position change

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

SoulDiallo

Home position change

Post by SoulDiallo »

I am experiencing every once in a while a change of location of the home position (about .100").

On the V axis (2nd table) on C67 M510DT.

For now each time it does it I am changing my fixture offset location (after scraping one part).

Any suggestion!!

Thanks.
Jason McDaniel
Thermwood Team

Re: Home position change

Post by Jason McDaniel »

Hello,
It sounds like it could be homing out on the wrong revolution of the motor. If the numbers in the normalize box are bad that could be what is happening. If you home the V table using the normalize function, you will see two numbers. The top number should be roughly half of the bottom number. You can change this number by moving the trip that activates the home swith. You would move it to where it activated the switch sooner to make the top number go up. Be careful, however, it doesn't take much movement to change the number. Feel free to call or e-mail. 800 221 3865 service@thermwood.com
Jason McDaniel
Machine Support Group
SoulDiallo

X feed module did not connect

Post by SoulDiallo »

from the PLC history there are many:

X feed module did not connect
Y feed module did not connect
Z feed module did not connect

All connections on Siemens modules looks fine.

The cable is well plugged on the PPIO board but seems weak. Can this connection on the PPIO board be the problem?

Switches at the siemens modules are correct.

The error is happening sporadically on always on a different axes and the machine freezes (no more moves).

An E-stop and something rebooting the machine is necessary to clear the error.

Please help.

Thanks.