Door reveal problem.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Terry Davis
Company Name: Penn Laminates

Door reveal problem.

Post by Terry Davis »

This is new problem since 5.2 upgrade, when I add a door to a frameless cabinet setting top reveal 1/4, left 1/8, right 1/8, bottom 1/4 then add the door it shows and comes properly into the door editor, when I hover the mouse over the door it is the right size but when I return to the Main screen the door shrinks down another 1/4" leaving a 1/2" reveal at the top when I hover the mouse over the down it has shrunk by a 1/4". The is repeatable with any cabinet in any of my cabinet directories and when creating a new cabinet.
Justin Melhiser

Re: Door reveal problem.

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Terry
I will need you to post or email me this cabinet. I will also need the steps to create this from scratch.
Gene Kimmi

Post by Gene Kimmi »

Terry and Justin,

I just ran into this problem with a framed 45 deg. corner upper. I can load the cabinet into the editor, take it to the door editor and without making any changes to it, return to the main area and the doors change size. Here is the cabinet.
Attachments
45 deg. full upper corner 5.1 B3.hsf
(594.02 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
Gene Kimmi
Lenovo W540 windows 8.1 Pro
Intel Core i-7 4800MQ @ 2.7GHz 8 GB ram
Intel HD & NVIDIA Quadro K2100M Graphics
Samsung 256 SSD Drive
Justin Melhiser

Terry
I if you remove the top two stretchers on the lower cabinet then go to the construction settings and change the top to top stretchers, make them both 4 inches like you want it will work. You will then have to remove the door and add a new one and when you return to the main cabinet editor the door will not resize.
Justin Melhiser

Gene
I am working in V5.2B1. When I load you cabinet and go to the door and drawer editor, return to the main, my doors stay the same. Are you still in B5.1B3? If you are I would update to the V5.2B1. If you are in V5.2B1 then I will need some steps to help me recreate this.
Gene Kimmi

Post by Gene Kimmi »

Justin,

I am working in5.2 also. When I load this cabinet, I go to the door editor and return to the main editor without doing anything else and the bottom door is 1 1/2" wider on the right side. It doesn't change until it rebuilds the doors after returning to the main editor. I have an upper corner assembly I am working on now that does the same thing.
Gene Kimmi
Lenovo W540 windows 8.1 Pro
Intel Core i-7 4800MQ @ 2.7GHz 8 GB ram
Intel HD & NVIDIA Quadro K2100M Graphics
Samsung 256 SSD Drive
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Gene & Terry,

We are aware of this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience. We plan to have a patch available to fix this. I can not give a time when the patch will be available yet, but know that we are working as diligently as possible. We appreciate your patience.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000