No more problems!

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Francis Samson
Company Name: AVBN

No more problems!

Post by Francis Samson »

Hi guys! Just wanted to tell you that i'm closing my shop!!!
After a nice 4yrs of pain and struggle with customers and contractor (that can't make a check that is good!! :fire: )
I've decided to pull the plug and make some $$$! Don't worry, i have been offer to be in charge of a crew of 12 in a nice workshop near my house and to supervise everything! By the way i build my self a 600sq/ft garage at home to put my tools in and to make my own creation!

On the other side i was wondering how to implant the software in the new CIE i'm going to work for since they are talking about getting a CNC!!! :mrgreen:
The thing is that they are main contractor in the region and that my good buddy Mike want's every kitchen and cabinets to be build from within the CIE and not subcontract anymore because most of the house that we build are "Haut de Gamme" and most of the kitchens and other cabinets are extremely detailed!
So, can i just bring my Computer with the eCab or should they register them self for the software? Obviously i do not want to get ride of my copy since it's my daily
medicine for relaxing and creating! :wink:

Need some info on this Pls.

Francis
Gregory Hairston

Re: No more problems!

Post by Gregory Hairston »

Francis,
Sorry to hear about you shutting down shop. My only comment is to be careful. I got into a very similar situation. A major contractor wanted to do their own cabinets. Hired me and shut the shop down 2 months later because they did not realize what it took to make cabinets and thought they would be seeing instant profits without putting any money in for the right equipment etc. Make sure you get things in writing.

Greg
Successful people do the things others won't
Francis Samson
Company Name: AVBN

Post by Francis Samson »

Hi Gregory, i appreciate your help and, i had the same question in mind! Even if it doesn't work out with them, i'm still going to have a little wood shop "AT HOME" to help! They seem pretty much honest, after all the guy bought some hand tools that i didn't wanted and i'm going with him tomorrow to buy every other important tools that they will need to run the shop!
I think that just for the fact of going shopping for brand new tools with out having to pay is going to make my day! Feel like a kid at Toys R Us!!! :lol:
Any way i don't care at that point!

Tks
Francis
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Francis,

Sorry to hear about that. You are better off signing up for the software under the new company so that the reg code and setup will be for that company instead of you.
Jason Susnjara
V.P., Marketing
Thermwood Corp.

On YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/ThermwoodCNC
Thermwood Blog:
http://blog.thermwood.com