toe kick

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Nemanja Vujkovic

toe kick

Post by Nemanja Vujkovic »

Morning guys!
I am trying to make toe kick that goes in front of the deck, so both would be same hight, but the deck has to be dadoed into the toe kick. Does anyone have any solutions for this???
Thank You!
Justin Melhiser

Re: toe kick

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Nemanja
The easiest way to do this would be, open a std base frameless cabinet. Go to construction settings > toe kick > change your toe kick inset to 0" > then give it a top inset of -.75". Go to the deck > front inset of .375". Now you will have to take the deck and toe kick, one at a time, to the part editor and apply the correct cuts to the front of it to get your blind dado. If you have any questions feel free to call or email me.
Nemanja Vujkovic

Post by Nemanja Vujkovic »

Thanks Justin, i figured that, however i was hoping for an automatic dado whan i set the front of the deck for a blind dado and set the toe kick in front of it.
Justin Melhiser

Nemanja
You can load a std upper cabinet > make it the height you need. Go to construction settings > deck > give it a bottom inset > then go to left and right ends > give it a front inset of -.75" > then go back to the deck and under construction front chang eit to blind dado. THis will now give you what you want.
jerry johnson

Post by jerry johnson »

Nemanja, if you are trying to do what I have ilustrated simply make the face frame material sheet stock, delete all of the face frame parts but the bottom rail, and make the deck blind dado into the face frame. Hope this helps. If I am totally off base let me know. 8)
TOE SAMPLE 2.jpg
TOE SAMPLE 2.jpg (39.02 KiB) Viewed 4492 times
TOE SAMPLE 1.jpg
TOE SAMPLE 1.jpg (36.95 KiB) Viewed 4492 times
Justin Melhiser

Nemanja
I forgot to add that you will have to add face frames to this and delete all but the bottom. Just like Jerry's post, then you can add a blind dado to the FF and the deck.