Line Drawing Editor---showing hidden lines

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

DarrelMWood

Line Drawing Editor---showing hidden lines

Post by DarrelMWood »

Has anyone had this problem?
In line drawing editor, when it is printed (or print preview), it will print lines that are "hidden"---for example, if you're looking at the top elevation, and there are dadoes or rabbets on the underside, it will print those dado lines. It won't show in the line drawing editor, just in the print preview and print. I've attached a simple "job" of one small frameless cabinet. The top elevation (on page 3 of the line drawings), which is the whole cab rotated, doesn't show the back, which is rabbeted into the top. When you go to print that line is shown, making the drawing confusing for my guys.
To make things weirder, on my laptop the print preview does not show that hidden rabbet, but it shows up on the final print.
Attachments
base cab right.esj
(140.02 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
DarrelMWood

Re: Line Drawing Editor---showing hidden lines

Post by DarrelMWood »

As a follow up---this also has happened to me when I've done a face frame elevation when I have dadoes in the back of the face frame. When I go to print the elevation, it shows the dado lines from the back on the print (but not in the line editor itself)
Gene Kimmi

Re: Line Drawing Editor---showing hidden lines

Post by Gene Kimmi »

Darrel,

At the top in the line drawing editor, there is a button to change the line enhancement. Turning this down to 1 gets rid of the dado lines. Makes drawings a lot less confusing.
Gene Kimmi
Lenovo W540 windows 8.1 Pro
Intel Core i-7 4800MQ @ 2.7GHz 8 GB ram
Intel HD & NVIDIA Quadro K2100M Graphics
Samsung 256 SSD Drive