V5.2 Freezing

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jay Waters

V5.2 Freezing

Post by Jay Waters »

Upgraded to the latest and greatest, but now when I'm working with an assembly that was created in an earlier version(s) it is freezing ecabs at various times. My computer specs are as follows: Dell Precision Workstation 390 w/ 1 GB ram Windows XP SP2 ; Nvidia Quadro NVS 285 video card. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Jay W
Jay Waters

Re: V5.2 Freezing

Post by Jay Waters »

Well, now it is freezing instantly when I click anywhere in this particular assembly. This does not happen in other assemblies I have created. Something about this particular one is locking ecabs down.

Jay
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Jay
Can you post your file here with the steps you take from start to where it is freezing your computer.
Jay Waters

Post by Jay Waters »

Justin,

I just open the file, and click anywhere and it freezes. Sorry about not posting the file earlier. Should have realized you would need it.

Thanks,

Jay
Attachments
cab4 assy.zip
(2.13 MiB) Downloaded 355 times
DarrelMWood

Post by DarrelMWood »

I downloaded the assembly, and double clicked on the file cabinet that's off to the right, and ecabs froze immediately....
Jay Waters

Post by Jay Waters »

Darrel,

It's good to know that it's not just my computer or something I've done!! Thanks for giving it a whirl...

Jay
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Jay
This is listed with the programmers.
Darren Harvey

Post by Darren Harvey »

i'm also having a freeze problem in my layout when i'm trying to set up a rendering. has anybody had that problem? darren
greg youngken
Company Name: Grali inc.

Post by greg youngken »

I've got a particular file that freezes when trying to do anything, posted it a couple posts down, haven't heard back yet.
Grali inc. / Greg Youngken
grali.com
Francis Samson
Company Name: AVBN

Post by Francis Samson »

Well Jay, there is obviously something wrong with your file!
First, i found a banding stock "No EB Material" part with no thickness, that is not good to help loading the file! As per your built, why are you using so many different material into your assy.?
As per the freezing, there is a bug in it no doubt!

Jay! Is there a way to open the file with out going in the full process?
Francis Samson
Company Name: AVBN

Post by Francis Samson »

Dammed i was editing the other post and it froze! :lol:
Ok Jay, i managed to make it work! Problem is that your assy. is way to big and that there's a glitch in the material list!
When i tried to bring it in the assy. editor, every thing froze! So what i did was to replace every sheet stock from your assy, with the material i have in stock! Result:
From there, i was able to transfer in the editor (looks like you use a lot of different material of the same species for nothing). As per what i see, your assy. is way to big (15 different major components in on big assy!) What i would suggest is to make multiple assy. with it and then your machine would be able to work normally with out freezing, and would make your work easier to modified parts in it with out having to bring the whole thing at once! Result from the editor:
As you can see, it worked OK and i managed to bring the offset cabinet into the unit! But still, it's extremely big! I have a very powerful CPU and even then it took some time to work around it.
I returned to the custom layout saving the change and readjusted the hight of the assy. to floor level, result:

Sorry if i played around your file but it was the only way i could make it work!
In resume, you should save it in multiple assemblage for an easier access to your build and try to keep your material list as precise as possible.
I will try to split your drawing in a easier way to work with and post it back later!
Hope it's all right with you?

Francis
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

OK so now Im also getting a tad peeved. I posted some time back the same problem System freezing once created walls and then render. It is happening on both my systems now so here is a file I am working on before I click that pesky render button and lose the whole thing
Attachments
Bracher.esj
(150.02 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

It seems that if you put at least one cabinet into the room it does not crash, "Very strange" said Alice.
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Nick

I loaded your room rendered it did a presentation view then repeated those steps after adding a cabinet and I got no crash. So all you have to do with this room is press the render view tab and it crashes?
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Hi Walker. Yup that is pretty much it. Draw a few walls, click the render button and boom down it goes, Job is fine now that I redid it and added cabs.