Production Sharing

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Terry Davis
Company Name: Penn Laminates

Production Sharing

Post by Terry Davis »

Another cabinet shop in our area that doesn't have a CNC wants us to cutout cabinets and edgeband the parts. They are providing the materials and picking up the parts, how do you price this out, by the hour, by the sheet ? Whats the going rate?
jerry johnson

Re: Production Sharing

Post by jerry johnson »

Hi, Terry. Here in California I have been charging $175.00 an hour. I have seen, on this fourm, where other shops charge by the sheet. I think you will need to do what works best for you as there is not a standard that I am aware of. 8)
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Terry,

Jerry is right and that not all production sharing members will price it the same. When we used to do it, we would charge per sheet. That doesn't mean we were right but it worked easy for us. We didn't do edgebanding either so that would be an added cost. Some members will also charge extra for flip ops.

thanks,
Jason Susnjara
V.P., Marketing
Thermwood Corp.

On YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/ThermwoodCNC
Thermwood Blog:
http://blog.thermwood.com
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

We've got a few Thermwood shops in our area in Southern California. One charges $25/sheet the other $45/sheet. I go to the less expensive one. Both of these shops include some edgebanding with the per sheet price. The shop I go to charges extra if I'm doing something a bit more time consuming, or if it's cutting something like bamboo plywood. Of course they also charge extra if they have to draw up the cabinets and such. As someone who is buying this service I definitely want to have a per sheet cost so I know what to bid for a job.

Joe