eCabs Mag

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Nick M Singer
Guru Member

eCabs Mag

Post by Nick M Singer »

Just wondering what happened to the magazine? There has not been a new one on line since last year and as I never get it by mail being on the outer reaches of the planet Zarg I always look forward to reading the online version.
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Re: eCabs Mag

Post by Nick M Singer »

So Does this mean no more on line Mag?
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Hey Nick,

We haven't heard anything about the Member Magazine over here either.

Kerry
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Hi Kerry, its good to know we aren't being singled out. Which was the last issue published?
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Nick,
The last magazine was Volume 2 number 3, so there are three magazines that aren't on the download site.

Kerry
Ken Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Ken Susnjara »

Don’t despair the magazine is not dead, it’s just changing. We are working to switch to a new format where the magazine is published electronically on-line. This is a lot more advanced than the PDF files we currently archive with. This is a dynamic format that acts a lot like a paper magazine but allows some really neat new things, like imbedded videos and dynamic links. Just think of a magazine that not only has written articles but videos of the articles (and even the ads). Modern Woodworking is starting to move in this direction and we are working with some of the same folks they are. This also has other advantages. We can make the magazine larger without the major cost increase that a paper magazine would require. Also, we should be able to reach some 35,000 present and past Members where today we are restricted to about 20,000. We also don’t have to worry about the postal rate increase de jour. You can check out the type of magazine we are looking at this link.

http://www.modernwoodworking-digital.co ... ng/200805/

This link works better if you press F11 to get a full screen view.

The second link is to the site that handles the digital conversion process, and has a variety of examples:

http://www.texterity.com/services/magazines/examples/

BTW Kerry, I sent you some of this info a few weeks ago but it appears that you didn’t get it. I have been having some problems with the part of my computer that operates the keyboard so it was probably something I did or didn’t do. I will resend the info.
Mark Taylor
Guru Member

Post by Mark Taylor »

I've seen the format...cabinetmaker magazine and several others are published this way. I'm sure there are many advantages to this new format - regardless of the cost of mailing...

Good Form Ken!

Mark